Author Topic: is this gyno? i think it is  (Read 1847 times)

Offline adam

• Posting Member
im 14 i weigh about 190 and im wondering how bad do i have it?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My first thought was that at 14 that is a lot of weight. Then I noted another post where you gave your height as 5'11". That is still abit heavy but not as bad as I first thought. Then I had a bit of memory hit me. Teen age growth spurts are usually preceded by weight gain. All of which means that I am totally confused about the weight issue but it is possible that you are simply overweight.

Then I again took note of your age. At the age of 12 to 14 most boys have some enlargement of the breasts. It may be a bit early to tell if this is temporary or permanent. Many Family Doctors will tell you that it will go away in a couple of years. They are right about half of the time and wrong about half of the time. Unless your breast size has been the same for  couple of years, It may be a bit too early to tell.
Grandpa Dan

Offline adam

• Posting Member
If they told me i had perhaps a minor case, would it be worth it to get surgery, because i want to be able to do a bunch of stuff on the beach with friends and all that before the summer and feel comfortable.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I think you have a mild case.  Many will try to tell you that you are too young to have gyne surgery and that there's still a chance that it will improve as you get older and lose weight, etc. 

However, if your gyne has been fairly stable it's not likely to magically go away (certainly not enough to make you completely happy). 

I'd talk with your parents about this and tell them that it's a real source of concern for you because it interferes with your ability to live a normal life.  Let them know how embarrassing it is for you and how uncomfortable it makes you feel.  They will be able to relate. 

A 14 year old guy should be able to take his shirt off anytime, anywhere.....with no concerns whatsoever.  If you can't do that, then it's time to do something about it. 

I think you should talk to an experienced board certified gyne surgeon and get their opinion. 

Offline adam

• Posting Member
thank you alot man, appreciate ! :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024