Author Topic: It doesn't matter how much I workout, I STILL have manboobs...Why?  (Read 3672 times)

Offline piyushdabomb

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone -

Okay, so a few years ago I started running marathons and in fact did my first IronMan triathlon, with the hopes of getting very lean and very happy with my body (to include good looking body and chest). Last year, after finishing my first IronMan, although I had a pretty good abdominal core, I still had "boobs" that didn't shape correctly.

To counter this, I kept working on my chest in the gym and specially focused on decline presses. I seriously went all out. It's weird because if I flex, I know my muscles are there, but if i "pinch" my nipple, I know it's just skin that I almost feel like I can rip off. It's such a weird sensation.

Anyway, attached are my pictures and hopefully I can get some ideas from you on my problems.

If I don't need to get anything done about this, why isn't my chest shaping even when I barely have any fat on me? Why does my chest STILL look out of shape. I've had MANY people tell me that I have man boobs...

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I don't know but if you talk to 99.9999 percent of people here they'd be thrilled to have your chest, probably 100 percent.

I think whoever says you have man boobs needs their head examined but that's just me. Maybe it's the pictures you've provided but I don't see it.

If it really bothers you schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does a lot of male breast reduction surgeries and see what they have to say. It'll put your mind at ease. Better yet, wait for all the good advice from board members here and the great doctors who offer their advice.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

Offline piyushdabomb

• Posting Member
Ill post up more realistic pictures shortly, but why doesn't my chest shape so my nipples curl tightly in, regardless of how much i work on my vhest?

When I wear shirts, especially thin shirts, it looks like I have a womens chest...stay tuned for more images. Thanks.

Offline piyushdabomb

• Posting Member
Attached are more pictures. I'll have to attach them separately since the file sizes are too large.

Offline piyushdabomb

• Posting Member
...and a last one.

If I don't have Gyna, then why doesn't my chest shape so that my nipples curl in tightly in my chest so when I wear a shirt, I don't have my nipples exhibiting? It's even MORE prominent when I wear thin shirts...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Believe it or not the more definition you have the more prominent your nipples may become. Simply put, you need a little bit of fat to soften the outline. When the nipple, even a very tiny masculine nipple, is perched atop a well defined muscle it becomes just as defined as the muscle itself.

What is normal is not a single body type, but a wide range.

hammer

you don't have man boobs, you have a really bad mirror, or need new glasses.

You may want to look at the real man boobs posted by others, to see what we don't see.

I don't mean to be cruel but, I can't even think of a word for it right now so I will stop................................

I don't know but if you talk to 99.9999 percent of people here they'd be thrilled to have your chest, probably 100 percent.

I think whoever says you have man boobs needs their head examined but that's just me. Maybe it's the pictures you've provided but I don't see it.

If it really bothers you schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does a lot of male breast reduction surgeries and see what they have to say. It'll put your mind at ease. Better yet, wait for all the good advice from board members here and the great doctors who offer their advice.

Offline piyushdabomb

• Posting Member
Here's the problem: I think anyone who responded understands my frustration.

While I'm looking "cut up", my chest doesn't shape like people who look really good. Their chest looks very masculine in that it is very strong and curvy. The nipples don't pop out (in one of my pictures, you can see that). I think that something about my nipples aren't shaped right.

Why do so many "good looking men" have really good looking chests. When they wear shirts, their chest looks like a plate or looks flat. In my case, my nipples still stick out as if I look fat, when I'm not.

Does that make sense?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In common with everyone else on this planet, we all have one universal problem. It is near impossible to be totally objective about yourself.

I think you are judging yourself too harshly.

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
Even though you're not as severe or noticeable as most others on this site, your chest bothers you, and that's what matters.  You are holding a little bit of fat in your chest.  Is there breast tissue too?  If it's just fat, you can just build  muscle or drop more fat to get the defined chest that you want (of course you're limited to genetics here).  You look to be about 12-15% body fat.  Once you get down at around 8-10% and there's still excess chest fat, that's when I would be worried.

If there's breast tissue in there, then exercise won't do anything.  That's going to feel lumpy when you squeeze the breast.  A lot different than fat.  If that's the case, then working out will not get you the chest shape you want.

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Thats ridiculous alot of guys here are probably offended.  Some guys chests dont look that good even after surgery. You need to re evaluate your so called man boobs because they honestly dont exist im sorry.

hammer

Want you have are called pecks! Men work out to get them, the guys that have man boobs would love to have them! Be happy that you do!

If you really want man boobs, well, that would require some other discussion.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:42:09 PM by hammer »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024