Author Topic: Worried about results, opinions?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline art

• Posting Member
I had my surgery done in late December.  Below are my before pictures:

Front before:

Side before:

About three weeks after surgery:
Front:

Side:

Taken today, 2/20:
Front:

Side shots:

I guess my expectation was that I'd be flatter in the chest than this after surgery.  I see my doctor for a follow up in a couple of weeks.  Should I bring up revision lipo, or is it too soon to tell for me?  He did take out all of the gland, I can only feel the small disk he left under each nipple.  I feel like there is still excess fat though, but perhaps it is just swelling?  I wore a tight compression wrap around my chest for 4 weeks after surgery, and now continue to wear a slightly less tight under armour shirt daily.

Would losing weight, or working out my chest help to improve the contour at this point?

thanks in advance

Offline zm

• Silver Member
It does seem like a lof of fat is still there. Also swelling starts around this time after surgery so bear this in mind.  give it at least 6 months, lose some weight so you'l be in a much better position to know if you'll need revision surgery/lipo.

Offline art

• Posting Member
I'm willing to be patient, and I know it takes a while for swelling to go down. It just feels like it's getting worse instead of better, like the skin isn't tightening up. That being said, it still looks much better than before surgery. I just want to get the best possible contour.

I think I'll go back to wearing tight compression in the meantime.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
being brutally honest, in my opinion is that you'll probably need further lipo of the side chest for any contour along with the right training and diet.

i've been training for a while and contour will not come out because of all the fat surrounding the side of my chest going around to my armpits: gynecomastia.org/smf/20/surgery-booked-with-dr-karidis-3rd-march-pre-op-pics/

Offline art

• Posting Member
Have you been training post surgery, and still not getting rid of fat around your chest? My surgeon removed the gland on both sides, so perhaps I can improve the contour through exercise instead of revision surgery?

Offline zm

• Silver Member
i've not had my surgery yet...it's in just less than 2 weeks. the point i was trying to make is that withouth lipo, the fat around the chest isn't going anywhere.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
Results aren't bad at all.  Matter of fact, it's quite a drastic improvement.  To enhance your results, I'd say get on diet at the least, and if you have time to work out, work out too. 

Offline art

• Posting Member
Thanks morpheus.  I'm probably just worrying prematurely.  After spending the time, effort, and money to go through this surgery, I want the best possible outcome.  It's definitely an improvement from where I was before.  I'm going to start making a daily effort of diet/exercise, and I'll talk this over with my doc when I see him next.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You probably still have some swelling, although there is a significant improvement over your pre-op condition.

Overall, you are overweight and will do quite well if you knock off quite a few pounds.

Be patient and allow appropriate healing time -- and in the meantime, lose that weight.  I will bet that everything will shape up down the road.

Welcome to the "other side!"

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline art

• Posting Member
Dr Jacobs, thank you for your feedback. I'm definitely going to work on losing weight.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024