Author Topic: Qustion for all to consider female verse male  (Read 5915 times)

hammer

If there was something that could caused a woman to grow a penis looking thing (even a small one).  I wonder how the insurance industry would handle that compared to how they handle men growing breast?

As many of you know, if a woman wanted a breast reduction due to back, neck and shoulder pain caused by large breast, it's not that hard to get it covered by insurance, and as most of you know as a male it is nearly impossible to get coverage for beast reduction.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What you describe (an enlarged clitoris) does occasionally happen in a newborn and in some cases may lead to a female infant being misidentified as a male. Having the same thing happen later in life is not something that I am aware of.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

This was just a hypothetical question to see if they would get the same treatment that men get for breast reduction. It is not as difficult for a woman to get insurance to cover breast reduction but impossible for a male to get it covered so I wanted to do a flip flop comparison.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Some female body builders getting over enthusiastic with testosterone and such sometimes find themselves with a relatively large clitoris. I've also seen a few quite large clitoris' at  nudist clubs.  I've never heard any of the ladies say that they want to have a doctor cutting on their most sensitive tissue.  The ones who are worried about it being seen probably don't do pubic shaving or go to a nudist club in the first place. I've heard complaints about large labia and plans for plastic surgery.  That is not usually insurance paid unless it causes irritation or other medical problems. 

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think the problem is they would have to cover many more gyne cases in guys and don't want to pay for it.  but your comment reminds me of the problem that female dr's seem to take gyne less seriously - till at least two guys asked them how they would feel if they had a d**k as well as their regular gear - even only a tiny one - and suddenly they seemed to understand a lot better   ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
If breasts and genitals made no more difference than toes, nobody would be all upset over exactly how they look or their size.  Yes, I know the joke about the guy with tolio, kneesles and smallcox as the cause of his body shame, as his diseases Getting rid of body shame and fear as a whole, gets rid of the specifics.  "I" am not a body.  "I" have a body.  It's OEM plus 66 years of growth, wear and tear minus a damaged part.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
I have both m and f Drs my endo is a woman and she was the one who said my boobs are sagging and should be wearing a bra for pain and support.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
HHH,
The problem is that if a woman suddenly grew a phallus, she would have an additional source of erotic pleasure that could easily be hidden by her clothing. Our condition changes the profile and is often not concealable under most clothing and it really serves no purpose or function. If it is argued that there is some erotic sensation in the breasts, I would concede that but point out that the same is true with the nipples of a totally flat chested person.

Perhaps if the lady was to grow a very heavy full beard she might understand.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I've had horrid painful hernia exams from male doctors with a lot of body hostility towards males, but never that behavior from a female doctor.  It was very much like they were out to punish me for having to have a hernia exam and in one case, for having breasts.  I know plenty of women who also have complaints of painful gyne exams (of normally non painful) from hostile doctors.  Why would they ever become a doctor with that much body hostility?  I had a sadistic dentist once and a sadistic nurse another time.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i agree with respect to our experience, but i'm speaking of the fact on at least 2-3 occasions i've seen people here have that experience with female dr's, and that somehow that analogy was what it took to make the problem register with them.  it's like they have the same problem in reverse, why would this bother you guys, they don't get it, they don't take it seriously.  but there's something about the flipside, the way a d__k identifies them as a man and assaults their femininity, that they suddenly get, and it lets them see it more from our perspective.  ironically, in a way we seem not to expect from them. 

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
I find it really sad that people still have to pay for gynecomastia surgery.
No one should ever have to pay for something they didn't want in the first place or something that differentiates them from their own gender.
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Wearin' a Kilt does not make you a Scot. Nor do boobs make you a girl.

It takes more than just a phallus to make a person a real man.

What is goin' on betwixt your ears is of more moment than what is on your chest.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, it is sad that a woman can easily have breast reduction surgery covered by insurance and 'very' few men can't.

The problem is that insurance companies refuse to accept psychological issues. Gynecomastia 'is', in most cases, a psychological issue. 'If', a man had very large breasts, he may be able to claim physical pain (like women do) to try and get his insurance company to cover the procedure.

However, pain is pain! Be it Physical, or Mental... Why should we have to endure mental pain/anguish as a result of Gynecomastia and not have the reduction procedure covered by insurance.

I was lucky... my procedure was subsidized by my health insurance . $1200 plus tax.

There was a local woman a few years back that was able to grow a 'full' beard. She had applied to her health insurance to cover the procedure to rid her of her facial hair but was denied! Her story was in the local paper and with pressure from the public, her health insurance finally paid for the surgery.  

Yes, many women just don't understand the pain/anguish we must endure. "What are you worried about... that's nothing!". Nothing to them, everything to us! Like others have mentioned, how would they feel if they were to have a 'secondary' genital. Wouldn't look very good in a bikini now would it? Or, if they were to be able to grow a full beard! They would change their tune PDQ!

Anyways... yes, it is unfortunate that us males, in most cases, are denied insurance coverage to rid us of the Gyne Curse... The world is very unfair at times!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024