Author Topic: Is my nipple falling off?! (Pics)  (Read 5045 times)

Offline sorrow

hi,

its been over a month now (40 days to be precise) since i had my gynecomastia surgery and now i am noticing that the center of my left nipple is LITERALLY coming off, i was having a shower yesterday and was trying to clean my nipple gently from the betadine gel that my surgeon has prescribed to me when the center of my nipple literately was coming off "almost like peeling of" :(  

the center of my left nipple is very dark and hard in comparison to the right nipple... heres a picture:

I visited him yesterday and he assured me that this was normal, and told me to discontinue the use of betadine and use "mebo" cream instead for 3 weeks and visit him again if necessary.

so what is this! is my nipple dying off? i am worried!

please excuse my grammar, English is not my native language.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When the surface layer of cells does flake off, the newly uncovered skin might be very sensitive. Keep up with your follow-up according to your surgeons's instructions and keep those follow-up appointment's. You should be fine.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sometimes there is slightly delayed healing on the nipple and it is slightly darker in color.  This is similar to a bad sunburn.  The top layer of skin will eventually peel off and leave fresh new skin underneath.  No, your nipple is not falling off.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024