Author Topic: Recommend Surgeon in/near RI  (Read 3245 times)

Offline bpp0417

Hi All,
I've finally decided to go ahead and have the surgery.  I've been living with the condition for over 25 years!  Can anyone recommend a surgeon in/near Rhode Island?  I've been for an initial consultation with one surgeon already.  He will use general anesthesia with lipo and excision to both sides.  Cost is about $4500.  He wasn't able to show me any before/after photos and has said that he's done 'a few' with definate success.  But I thought I'd consult this board to see if there were any recommendations that someone could give me.

Thanks in advance
BPP

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I've been looking for one in the area also.  No luck as of yet.  Robm had a good experience with Silverman in Boston/Worcester.  I think I am going to set up an appointment with him.  

Offline bpp0417

Not much luck.  Doesn't seem to be too many on this board in this area.  I went to see Dr. Walek in Warwick RI.

Offline denominat42

Hey guys if you don't mind travelling to Brookline, MA, Dr. Richard Bartlett did my surgery today and he tells me he has done more gyne surgies in the past 10 years then anyone in NEW ENGLAND.  He says he has done 30-50 a year for the past 10 years.  I don't know if you want to travel so far away but i figure it is worth it if you are up to it.  So far no bad pain, i have a compression vest on, and he was very friendly...stayed with me and answered all the questions I needed.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
that's not far at all.  can you give specifics--did he have pictures of past procedures, cost, etc?

Offline denominat42

I didn't take a look at pictures of his past procedures.  With surgeon's fee ($4k), and all the other odds and ends it ends up being about $7k.  It's expensive but so far I am very happy...once again, I don't have a full review because I just got surgery yesterday.  Dr. Bartlett has an office in brookline (I think you can find it by googling his name...I don't have the # off the top of my head) and does his surgery at, in my case, the Beth Israel Deaconess Center and also at the Children's hospital for younger patients.  I had a consultation on August 22nd I believe and had surgery yesterday, so it was a quick turn around and the staff was EXTREMELY accomodating.  I would highly reccomend the entire experience so far.  I will keep everyone updated.

Offline denominat42

Oh, and the procedure was under general anestesia with gland excision and lipo.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
that's on the high side $.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024