Author Topic: Gynecomastia (just nipples) and cancer risk?  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Ahyes

This is my chest. As you can see I am pretty thin and don't actually have breasts.

If I seek surgery for this, it's not even cosmetic because I don't care. I worry about the risk of breast cancer instead, which i have read is much higher in those with gynecomastia. But how much more? And is it lessened by the smaller size of breasts or just having the nipple condition? I read somewhere that a male with gyno has a 40% chance of breast cancer. That sounds insane.

Does anyone know how to quantify that risk? I have also had a series of VCUGs done as a child, which is fluoroscopic xrays, so i do worry about cancer in the future even moreso due to medical radiation.

Thanks for the help,

Ahyee

Edit: sorry the photo is upside down. I thought I corrected that, but it's still obvious.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No one related to me has a chest that flat. At a swim party involving my family members you would stand out as having the flattest chest.

Men do get breast cancer, but it is not all that common. Some people are of the opinion that it is more common in men with enlarged breasts but they are usually referring to profoundly enlarged breasts. Yours are not in that league. I have not heard of a relationship with puffy nipples and Breast cancer.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024