Author Topic: Let's see what you think  (Read 1692 times)

Offline ducky

• Posting Member
Gyno or fat?

I made a more complete post in the "Ask a doctor" forum with some background information if you want to learn more about my specific case.

hammer

First of all gynecomastia is the term used to describe male breast enlargement. If your a male and have breast enlargement you then have gynecomastia! It does not mater if it is mostly fat or breast tissue.

Everyone, male and female are born with breast tissue. In your case you look like you have a mild case of gynecomastia, if it has mostly breast tissue it would require surgery to remove.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Its gyno. Mild or mod grade 2a. If it affects u all the time. I was tortured by it though mine was similar to urs I got it removed one n half month back n really happy. I have so many good things to do n devote time then be tensed hiding them all time
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Not bad. So border line that If you said either: yes I do have it, or no I don't have it, I would agree either way.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear a few pounds overweight and do have some mild excess tissue on your chest.  Why not start a 6 month program of intensive diet and exercise and then take another look at your chest after you have dropped 10-15 pounds.  While the breast tissue itself may not disappear, your breasts themselves might be satisfactory to you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024