Author Topic: Herbs and breast growth  (Read 3136 times)

Offline gg69

• Posting Member
 I have been taking Saw Palmato and Fenugreek.  I have read the benefits of taking these for cholesterol and energy etc but have seen conflicting  posts about breasts growing. some say they do some say they dont. Any input

TomJones

When I was first self diagnosed with gynecomastia, I went on a reading frenzy to determine how and what had happened to me.

The two herbs you are speaking of do exhibit phytoestrogen elevated estradiol levels (ER) that have been historically used with limited success to enlarge breasts. Other ER-binding herbs that are commonly consumed are soy, licorice, red clover, thyme, tumeric, hops, and verbena.

See www DOT ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9492350

Personally, I would not take them...

Tom

Offline gg69

• Posting Member
When I was first self diagnosed with gynecomastia, I went on a reading frenzy to determine how and what had happened to me.

The two herbs you are speaking of do exhibit phytoestrogen elevated estradiol levels (ER) that have been historically used with limited success to enlarge breasts. Other ER-binding herbs that are commonly consumed are soy, licorice, red clover, thyme, tumeric, hops, and verbena.

See www DOT ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9492350

Personally, I would not take them...

Tom

Thanks Tom. I have been taking these and I have noticed , or at least I think I have noticed , and increase in breast size.  I really hate to quit these until I can determine if they help my cholesterol.  My energy level has really went up from taking these. Im not sure that I would like having breast bigger than the wifes though.

hammer

I've been married to my wife now for 27 years and for a large portion of them years my breast have been MUCH bigger then hers! I'm a 46H bra size (due to health).

Large breast won't kill you, however high Cholesterol will! I'm not sure what all the meds are that cause the breast growth, but many meds do and I don't know if any of them are the ones that also are used to lower cholesterol.

Good luck with getting your cholesterol and breast under control!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Phyto-Estrogens are sometimes a source of worry to men. While some think that they are linked to Gynecomastia, there is also a line of reasoning that says they could actually block Estrogen receptors and thus prevent Gynecomastia.

Animal Estrogens are literally hundreds of times stronger than Phyto-Estrogens. I doubt if the herbs are causing a problem.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024