Author Topic: 85bs lifetime weightloss (gyno)(saggyskin)(low t)( high e)  (Read 1777 times)

Offline lxm

I was always a skinny kid, up until I had a severe case of salmonella food poisoning at the age of 7. After I recovered from the poisoning I developed a huge appetite for a very skinny kid and my parents recall me being hungry 24/7 and they were unable to control my eating.

Below is my weight history

Age 8-16 - weight increased to 240lbs
Age 16-20 Weight sat at 220lbs
Age 20-21 Weight dropped from 220lbs to 160lbs
Age 21-22 Weight went from 160lbs to 220lbs
Age 22-23 Weight dropped to 156-160lbs

I have managed to loose more than 60lbs over two separate periods and have now finally got a control of my diet.

Unfortunately I have wrecked my body in the process. I have very little lean body mass and hold disproportionate bodyfat whilst being 155-160lbs @ 6ft tall.

I am very flabby still around my stomach and hold loose skin. I also have loose skin on my chest and possible gyno. I have put in so much hard work and dedication to loose the weight and it is soul destroying to have such an awful physique. Ultimately I want a physique which is masculine.

In 2012 I presented at my doctor with a range of symptoms. After testing the following was ascertained;

-Borderline low testosterone
- Clinically high (out of range) Estrogen
- Clinically low (out of range) SHBG

I had a 7 month trial of TRT with varying limited results. I stopped treatment and my HPTA fully re-started leaving me with a slightly higher (low end) testosterone level.

I am now sitting at 160lbs, 6ft tall and feel stuck with my body.

My chest and nipples sag low and nipples have loose skin,  I can pull up my chest on each side and almost 'tuck' it under my armpits to have the appearance of a masculine formed chest. My stomach has bad sag and hang and there is plenty of excess skin, there is no 'definition' in the public/pelvic area at all.

I dont think I will ever manage to get my stomach and chest the way I want them with any more exercise or weightloss. As you can see in the photos I dropped to 155lbs and looked awful! I couldnt go any lower in weight.

I am looking for opinions of fellow members and hopefully medical professionals.

Do you think I would benefit from gyno surgery and further, a mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck ?

240lbs

168lbs (2012)

220lbs (2014)

Lowest - 156lbs (2015)

Chest whilst on TRT (175lbs)(2013)

Current - 160lbs (2015)

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Congrats on your efforts to transform your body. You've really done a great job.I'm sure it's been hard. You probably have a little bit of true gynecomastia remaining. it could be helped with surgery. But first, i would recommend trying to increase your muscle mass, especially in your chest and arms. Get a good trainer. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Congratulations on your weight loss.  You clearly demonstrate that weight loss in a young person (with decent skin elasticity) can frequently lead to marked spontaneous skin tightening.  Your body at 160 lbs appears to be quite good -- although there may be some loose skin if you were to be examined.

Agree with Dr Schuster -- work out hard and build some muscle and your chest should begin to take shape.  Along the way, you should consult with an endocrinologist to manage your hormones -- you may need some T replacement for a long time.  And you need higher T in order to build muscle.

Best of luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024