Author Topic: Am I Gynecomastia? Or just chest fat?  (Read 2842 times)

Offline hawang541

Thanks for answer
I am still 17 yo
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:07:18 AM by hawang541 »

Offline TigerPaws

Yes you have Gynecomastia.

Depending on your age and weight gain or loss your breasts may look larger.

First order of business is to see an Endocrinologist and have your hormone levels checked for any abnormalities, consider having a ultrasound of your breast to determine the extent of the development of the breast gland. Second look into your family history for signs that male breast development is hereditary. Look into environmental causes, working for a shampoo or other chemical handling and or manufacturing company where you could be exposed to Estrogen or Phytoestrogen products or chemicals. Finally loose a few pounds/kilograms and consider your options.

1. Surgery

2. Live with what you have or what may develop (Gyneocomastia will not go away by itself) and learn to accept that more than a Billion men also have this issue.

3. Monitor yourself, take regular (once a month or so) images in as exactly the same position and distance from the camera as possible. This will provide you with a base line to understand your development or lack thereof.

4. Consider trying a compression sports bra (see the acceptance section for suggestions).

5. Welcome to the club.

Offline hawang541

First order of business is to see an Endocrinologist and have your hormone levels checked for any abnormalities, consider having a ultrasound of your breast to determine the extent of the development of the breast gland. Second look into your family history for signs that male breast development is hereditary. Look into environmental causes, working for a shampoo or other chemical handling and or manufacturing company where you could be exposed to Estrogen or Phytoestrogen products or chemicals. Finally loose a few pounds/kilograms and consider your options.

1. Surgery

2. Live with what you have or what may develop (Gyneocomastia will not go away by itself) and learn to accept that more than a Billion men also have this issue.

3. Monitor yourself, take regular (once a month or so) images in as exactly the same position and distance from the camera as possible. This will provide you with a base line to understand your development or lack thereof.

4. Consider trying a compression sports bra (see the acceptance section for suggestions).

5. Welcome to the club.
I am 17 yo

Offline TigerPaws

1. Surgery

5. Welcome to the club.
I am 17 yo
Some breast development can be normal, yours, looks a bit excessive for 17, you are a few pounds overweight but not excessive (yet). Still you should be seen by an Endocrinologist with experience in Gynecomastia.

Beyond that stay with suggestions 2 through 4.

rrr

I have to agree with the others here - you have some extra body fat, but that is not enough to cause your breasts to look like that. Unlike some who post here, I think you have true gynecomastia.
Also as the others have said, get checked out and if there's something that can be done, great, if not, surgery will be your only option if you want to get rid of them.
Mine is idiopathic, so that is my only option as well - if they ever stabilize.

B

Offline TigerPaws

I have to agree with the others here - you have some extra body fat, but that is not enough to cause your breasts to look like that. Unlike some who post here, I think you have true gynecomastia.
Also as the others have said, get checked out and if there's something that can be done, great, if not, surgery will be your only option if you want to get rid of them.
Mine is idiopathic, so that is my only option as well - if they ever stabilize.

B
Bummed, my breasts have been growing for 5 years now, though lately things have slowed a bit. I am in a growth spurt phase, which means nothing for months at a time then my breasts itch and hurt like Hell for a week or so before settling down until the next episode.

I should be nearing the end of the growth phase which should leave me at a full 38D if I can continue keep my weight under control.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024