Author Topic: Is it gyno or fat? 23 years old male  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Rafayadam

Hi,
i have been overweight throughout my teens but now i have lost 20 kgs .I am still overweight but my chest looks very odd as compared to my whole body!Can you guys tell if its gyni or just fat?i am stil reluctant to go to the beach ...It has seriously affected my self esteemThanks

hammer

Gynecomastia is male breast enlargement, you young man have gynecomatia!

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
What Hammer said. Try not to let it get deep in your head though. There is the surgery option. Just don't get in a hurry. Choose your surgeon carefully if you you go that route.

Offline TigerPaws

Hi,
i have been overweight throughout my teens but now i have lost 20 kgs .I am still overweight but my chest looks very odd as compared to my whole body!Can you guys tell if its gyni or just fat?i am still reluctant to go to the beach ...It has seriously affected my self esteem Thanks
You can deal with your Self Esteem issues, many of us on this forum have far larger breasts and we have learned to accept who we are.

Before you engage medical professionals, get your weight under control, bring your body fat down to 7 to 10%. Get lean, as lean as you can tolerate it and while your breasts will not necessarily become substantially smaller you should see some improvement by loosing some of your Aptos fat which makes up a large portion of breasts in general.

Then when you are stable at you target weight you should have a better idea of where you are. This will also give you some time to work out your Self Esteem issues.  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would say yes, but the lighting and viewing angles were intentionally chosen to exaggerate the condition.   More normal views would be appreciated.  Even small breasts look large when viewed straight down from the tip of your nose.  I notice your belly is also huge in the photo,  My guess is that it too is exaggerated. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline TrailRunner

• Posting Member
Hi,
i have been overweight throughout my teens but now i have lost 20 kgs .I am still overweight but my chest looks very odd as compared to my whole body!Can you guys tell if its gyni or just fat?i am still reluctant to go to the beach ...It has seriously affected my self esteem Thanks
You can deal with your Self Esteem issues, many of us on this forum have far larger breasts and we have learned to accept who we are.

Before you engage medical professionals, get your weight under control, bring your body fat down to 7 to 10%. Get lean, as lean as you can tolerate it and while your breasts will not necessarily become substantially smaller you should see some improvement by loosing some of your Aptos fat which makes up a large portion of breasts in general.

Then when you are stable at you target weight you should have a better idea of where you are. This will also give you some time to work out your Self Esteem issues.  

Tigerpaws, that is very sound advice. I am going along those same lines. I'm considering surgery but am first going to work on getting back in shape and lower my body fat as much as possible. After I've done all I can to improve myself I can make a final decision whether to go through with getting a procedure done or not. 'Before' pics will be posted here soon. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Trying to distinguish between Glandular growth and fatty deposits is a fools errand using a Picture. Skilled Surgeons can be misled even with a physical exam. 
The usual case is a mound of fat with glandular tissue threaded through it.  You will not know how much of either until the surgery is done and you can see what has been removed.   
For our purposes, any breast growth on a male is Gynecomastia. 

Offline Rafayadam

I would say yes, but the lighting and viewing angles were intentionally chosen to exaggerate the condition.   More normal views would be appreciated.  Even small breasts look large when viewed straight down from the tip of your nose.  I notice your belly is also huge in the photo,  My guess is that it too is exaggerated.

Thanks for the reply.here are some more pics.now my plan is to get as lean as i can and then if the problem persists,then i am gonna opt for surgery.what do u reckon?

Offline Rafayadam

Hi,

Thansk for the motivation.i am gonna lose more weight and see if the condition gets better.cheers

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024