Author Topic: My developing gynecomastia, struggling to accept this  (Read 2874 times)

Offline redwing57

• Posting Member
Posted these pictures in the Dr question area too.
Self-acceptance has been tough with this.  I avoided swimming this summer a couple of times because I was too embarrassed to show my chest like this.  I'm a little heavy, due to being on hormone therapy for prostate cancer for 3 years.  That's ended, but for some reason it seems the gynecomastia has actually only been progressing since my testosterone has recovered.
I think this is grade 2.  My body has changed over time, and I'm just going to accept whatever happens to it now.  My wife is ok with this, since she has her own body image issues.  I'm sure I'm far more aware of these than anyone else is!

What do you guys think?

hammer

As the old song says, "you ain't seen nothing yet"! In 1994 I loss my testicles due to problems after my vasectomy, so now at 58 I need a 46H bra to support my breast!

If your plans are for acceptance, you are in good company here on the forum, as there are some of us that have been here for awhile! We have found that living with breasts really isn't any different then living with our feet in time! For some, like myself I had gyno as a young man too, they just got MUCH bigger after my testicle situation,  so learning to live with them might have come a bit easier.  

Here on the forum there are different sections for posting the questions that you may have for anything that is involved in accepting having breast,  so feel free to ask anything!

It's great that your wife is supportive! That is very helpful in this for men going through accepting breast growth.

Congrats on beating cancer!

Welcome to the forum.

Bob

Offline redwing57

• Posting Member
Thanks, hammer!  I've had to get used to a few "new normal" things, and this is just going to have to be one of them. 

You sound like you're doing well.  Accepting ourselves as we are, for what we are, seems to be the key to happiness!

hammer

Thanks, hammer!  I've had to get used to a few "new normal" things, and this is just going to have to be one of them.  

You sound like you're doing well.  Accepting ourselves as we are, for what we are, seems to be the key to happiness!

You're right, about the key to happiness!  I don't know if you have read "my story after all these years" in stories,  but I've gone through some crap in my life, but I have a strong faith, and if I do get feeling down, I think about those poor kids in St Jude medical center,  and then I'm ready to take on even more! I'm willing to take whatever would be dished out to my kids or grandkids because I don't want to see them go through any suffering!

Life is what we make of it, and if we always see our glass as half full, things will go much better!

Just wondering,  is your user name have anything to do with the beautiful area of hwy 61 heading south in Goodhue County in my great state of Minnesota? If so I live in the south east metro area.

Bob

Offline redwing57

• Posting Member
Not Minnesota, but Michigan.  Go Redwings!
Your story is amazing, as is your acceptance of your physical situation.  Your comfort with a rather advanced case is pretty inspirational.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Redwing,
You have fairly small breasts compared to many here.  In the last 5 years I have had troubling growth too, but not breasts; they have remained the same.  My arches though have flattened and I have gone up to a size 15 shoe from 12.  If they lengthen any more I will almost not be able to find shoes.  Now that is a problem that isn't a matter of acceptance.  These growing feet have caused more problems and pain in the past 5 years than 40+ years of D/DD breasts.  Acceptance is easier if you can find clothing items that fit comfortably.  Have fun.  Don't let your body bother you.  It is what it is.   Cancer is something else again. Good health to you.

Offline redwing57

• Posting Member
Thanks, Alchemist!  I actually had no idea the degree that this condition could reach, and I'm feeling much better about where I am now.  If they hadn't become so tender recently I don't know if they would have really become such a concern for me.  I'm almost 60, and older guys having evident breasts is not really unusual.  This is ok, and for sure pales in comparison to some of the other issues and risks from cancer and its treatments.  I'll just wear them proudly like battle scars!

hammer

Not Minnesota, but Michigan.  Go Redwings!
Your story is amazing, as is your acceptance of your physical situation.  Your comfort with a rather advanced case is pretty inspirational.

Thanks,  we all have our own crosses to bear, when we have the support of others,  they are much easier to carry! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024