Author Topic: Growth spurt  (Read 3162 times)

steven618

For the past week or so my chest has been sore and I'm getting paranoid that my chest is growing again. Is it getting bad as it seems?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Provide us with some history.  Age? Have you had gynecomastia surgery before? etc.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

steven618

good morning. I am 30 years old, 5 11 180lbs. on no medications  or have in the past. I take a zinc, stinging nettles, and collagen supplement daily at regulated recommended use. have for several years. to my knowledge my health is fine though it's been years since I've had a physical but I don't feel anything abnormal that may cause an imbalance there. have never had surgery before nor do I think I would even if they got huge I am just more or less worried about my wife and friends will think if they continue to grow. I first had growth 4 or so years ago and it was just around the nipple area. but now it is all along the sides of my chest and clumps of tissue under the arms and has begun growing quite a bit in the center of the chest causing what you see there currently 

• Supporting Doctors
Since you haven't been to a physician in quite some time, you should consider having a full physical performed.  It sounds like you have had some form of gynecomastia for 4 years, but as it has recently gotten worse, you should call this to your doctor's attention.  You have a pretty significant case of gynecomastia in the provided photo.  This can be corrected with surgery, although you don't sound eager to undergo surgery to correct it. No one can predict if your breasts will continue to grow.
Good luck.
Dr. Pope, MD

steven618

I have gauged costs and they are ranging from 4100 to 5500 so I can't say I'm eager lol but if it got significant I would think aboit it as I don't want my kids to be embarrassed by dad's boobs, that idea alone frightens me.

do you really think it is quite significant? I didn't think it was too bad but I see it every day 

• Supporting Doctors
Pretty noticeable on frontal view.  Consider posting additional views. 

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
Im not a dr but yes it is very noticeable unfortunately. Your kinds and your wife and anyone who cares for you wont be embarrassed. Dont even mention it. The thing is to look yourself in the mirror and feel good at it. If this is with or without boobs. Yes experienced dr usually are expensive but you would be in good hands and of course in your area that is way of comfortable. Some people travel abroad for cheaper but if you would consider this make a good research first..

steven618

thank you for the responses and words of encouragement here are a few pics as advised for better frame of reference of things. I was really not too worried bout how my chest looked as I figured it was all in my head my wife even says so when I ask if they look bigger but apparently you guys see it.. :( 

steven618

and another, some reason I can't attach a few at a time even when resized 

steven618

and last ones wanted to get all angles 

giggsy

thank you for the responses and words of encouragement here are a few pics as advised for better frame of reference of things. I was really not too worried bout how my chest looked as I figured it was all in my head my wife even says so when I ask if they look bigger but apparently you guys see it.. :(

But in an other thread you state that you were a bra?

I don't understand this post

steven618

I wear a barely there bra that is seamless and wireless when I run which is almost every day unless weather says otherwise as well as at the gym when I do my cardio. not sure where the confusion is but I can happily clarify if if helps. 
I don't wear one for support it's more for comfort for high impact areas as well as at work as I use a forklift often and the bounce has gotten significant and I feel my chest has grown substantially over the last few weeks and couple months with sporadic spurts here and there but with my wife saying no and me feeling otherwise I wanted a more outside view hence posting it here where people don't see my chest daily and can make a more observant opinion 

giggsy

go get checked and get surgery man

steven618

not gonna buy some rich doctor a jetski over a minor insecurity I was simply curious how noticeable it is but thanks bro

giggsy

not gonna buy some rich doctor a jetski over a minor insecurity I was simply curious how noticeable it is but thanks bro

Ah ok, fair enough

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024