Author Topic: Do I have gyno??  (Read 1462 times)

Offline wiri_g

Age 35. Overweight (BMI is 28) and I would need to lose at least 10kg before my BMI is considered normal.
Pressing the breast area is not painful and it does not feel like there is any glandular tissue underneath.
It has been like this (in some cases worse) since childhood days but only now is it starting to take a toll on confidence.
Should I be looking for a medical opinion immediately?

Any thoughts, comments or opinions welcome and appreciated.

hammer

Yes, you do have gynecomastia.  Any male breast enlargement no matter the makeup is considered gynecomastia.

It is hard to tell the difference between fat and breast tissue, but at this point that doesn't matter if your thinking about surgery.  Weight loss would be a good idea, but even better is to make sure you find a highly qualified gynecomastia surgeon. You are at a great place to start, this forum has some great doctors that can give you the advice you need to put you on the right direction to meet that goal.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with Hammer.  Your chest will look better if you lose some weight, but it is obvious that you have tissue there that should be removed.  Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who does a lot of gynecomastia surgery. If your appearance is already doing a number on your self-confidence, now is a good time to act.
Best of luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024