Author Topic: Is it that bad?  (Read 1823 times)

Offline LethargicMisery

• Posting Member
I've posted here before, but I've been working out since then, partly in an effort to make my large nipples appear less obvious.

I took a photo of them again and they look a bit puffier than how they did when I posted here (you can view my previous post on my profile)

Question is... is it that bad? Did it get worse? My self-esteem has really gone down over the years because of this... and I can't even enjoy summer.

Surgery isn't an option for me really right now, as the last clinic I called was asking for $10k. This isn't a priority expense for me... but it sure is a big deal.

Thanks.

hammer

It is only as bad as you personally see it! Some people can deal with gynecomastia very well others can not. As you said, the cost is very high and that makes it very difficult for some to get surgery!

I am one of the old timers here on the forum. I had gynecomastia as a teen, but we didn't know what it was back then. I had it the 11 years I was in the service, I had it while I had my own business and raised my family! I fathered 5, I'm a grandfather of 5 so it never stopped me and now at 60 I require a 46H bra for support!

So, gynecomastia is only as bad as you allow it to be!

Good luck with what ever you do!

Bob

Offline LethargicMisery

• Posting Member
It is only as bad as you personally see it! Some people can deal with gynecomastia very well others can not. As you said, the cost is very high and that makes it very difficult for some to get surgery!

I am one of the old timers here on the forum. I had gynecomastia as a teen, but we didn't know what it was back then. I had it the 11 years I was in the service, I had it while I had my own business and raised my family! I fathered 5, I'm a grandfather of 5 so it never stopped me and now at 60 I require a 46H bra for support!

Bob

Thank you for the encouraging words. I've been coping with it in my own ways as surgery is a farfetched idea financially speaking. Just really need some reassurance that I'm not alone I guess

Jason13820

I wouldn't worry about it, it's barely noticeable. It's normal to fret over your appearance. but don't stress out over it.
And like hammer, my boobs are way bigger than yours, so I know from experience that you can get used to it eventually.

hammer

Bob

Thank you for the encouraging words. I've been coping with it in my own ways as surgery is a farfetched idea financially speaking. Just really need some reassurance that I'm not alone I guess

You're welcome, you are not alone, there are a lot of us men in accept area that for one reason or another don't get surgery! My reasons are many, but mostly that the breast don't bother me. I've had 9 other surgeries 4 of them have been back and 2 total knee replacement so I don't feel unnecessary surgery needs to be added to my already long list of surgical procedures!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:37:52 AM by hammer »

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Like Hammer I have had surgery to fix broken bones, a bad heel, back surgery, oral surgery to implant a post for an implant and I don't care about the breast that much to have a surgery that I have to pay for.  I can afford it but at 70 I don't care..
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Mac99500

10K is outrageous.

hammer

10K is outrageous.

No kidding! That buys a lot of big man toys, lol!

Offline Fades1

• Posting Member
Surgery isn't an option for me really right now, as the last clinic I called was asking for $10k. This isn't a priority expense for me... but it sure is a big deal.

Wow $10,000 is a lot. It sounds like they gave you this quote over the phone? Did you go into the clinic to see a surgeon so he/she can examine the extent of your gyno? If you haven't I'm sure you'd get a more accurate rate (hopefully lower).

You're probably your biggest critic. I wouldn't be surprised if others didn't even notice this.

hammer

You're probably your biggest critic. I wouldn't be surprised if others didn't even notice this.

VERY WISE WORDS! This is true for all of us with is problem! 
The truth is also, most people are to busy with their own issues to even notice ours anyway!

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
If I was to see you at a beach I wouldn't even pay attention to it to be honest. 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I agree with the others about the beach.   I am a 36B on my way to a 36C.  Just for fun I asked the wife "If we went to the beach, what should I wear?".  She said I should wear nothing. So there you go.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024