Author Topic: new member. do i have it? should i see a doctor?  (Read 4105 times)

Offline lr101

Hi all. I'm a 22 year old male from the Toronto area. I recently discovered this condition while looking at bodybuilding sites. I started to wonder if I had gynecomastia because ever since puberty, my breasts have been unusually large in proportion to my other features. I always thought it was from excess fat.  Wearing tanktops and most tshirts is difficult because my chest and my nipples stick out (see pics). Also, i have always walked with my shoulders and back slouched forward to help mask my chest. Now, after reading around the boards as a guest, I have come to trust the members here as experts (or at least the next best thing!!)  I know it's not that bad, but as you all know it is still extremely frustrating and really hinders ones confidence. I wanted to book an appt with a plastic surgeon but I am not sure if this would be premature and unnecessary (would they just take my money and send me home?). Any help would be very greatly appreciated. I value your opinions very much.

Pics below

Ohhh...also, when I squeeze the fat under my arms it is soft and squishy but when i move along towards my nipple, there seems to be a change. I can feel the beginning of a thicker, more rubbery and inconsistent texture. It's not smooth and is instead somewhat bumpy with grooves. I suspect this might be gland. It is more noticable on the left side. (From the pics, it looks like the left side is worse)

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/lr101/

Offline oleschreib

• Posting Member
It's not bad at all, man. You have a good build and see pretty stout. I don't think any one would ever notice and I doubt any woman would ever care. To me that's the biggest issue with most men and gyne.

You look great, don't sweat it.

Offline flex1appeal

I'd say that is very minor. I agree, don't sweat it. You look pretty good to be honest.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
You look better than I do, and I'm post-op.

Offline lr101

Thanks guys!! Do you think i have a minor case? or not at all? I guess I was just getting too paranoid and self-conscious. I will continue workin' out and losing weight and see where it goes from there. If I am still frustrated I will make the doc's appt. I will definitely stick around the site and the forums to soak up as much info as possible. Thanks again. I am truly appreciative of the comments.

Offline ace007

• Posting Member
You look fine.  I don't think surgery for you will help much.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
nice shirt !!!
u look great

dont mind him...hes not trying to be nice...hes a fat flamming homo. anyway, your case is very very mild and if u work out ur chest u will look good
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude....

You're fine my man.

Get those Gyne thoughts out of your head.

John.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 07:32:17 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
no, it's gyne.  sure it's mild, much easier to hide and live with, but no way that's flat.  

[poster's name edited out by request], you'd have to understand blatino's history, he's a gyne-fetishist who's always making obnoxious gay come-ons at people.  being gay is fine, drooling over kids here is not, and he need to buzz off and go back to his gyne-lover yahoo sites.  he should have been banned before this, but we may get lucky and he'll get arrested for pedophilia one of these days anyway.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:22:06 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024