Author Topic: My pre-op pics + post-op pics!  (Read 4394 times)

Offline sydboy85

• Posting Member
Hey everyone. I've been visiting this site for ages and I'm finally posting my pictures and story. I've been told my case of gyne is caused by glands and it's pretty noticeable when my nipples arn't hard. My story's the cliched gyne story where I was too embarrassed to take of my shirt and yea we've heard it all before, my social life in terms of the beach suffered bla bla LOL

So my stats are:
Country of Birth: Philippines
Living in Sydney, Australia
Weight: 63kgs/138pounds
Height: 170cm/5'7"

Both areolas (front view)The left areola (side view)The right areola (side view)
The left areola (top view)The right areola (top view)

I had my initial consultation in February and booked for late September which will be next week!

My surgeon is Dr Thind from the L'Image Cosmetic Surgery in Sydney. The website is http://www.limage.com.au/ Dr Thind really understood what my concern was and I really do recommend them. I did have a bit of a problem with the woman who I had to speak with before I spoke to Dr Thind because she was a bit of a cow and wasn't very helpful.

The entire surgery is going to cost $5550AUS where after the consultation a $500 deposit was made. So, on the day of the surgery I have to pay the rest.

I'm going in for surgery on Tuesday and straight after I'll post how it went :)

What I expect is that the gland will be taken out and my areoals will shrink because of it. I'm not a big guy so I doubt any fat will be sucked out although Dr Thind said lipo may be done.

- sydboy85
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 12:15:26 AM by sydboy85 »

Offline sydboy85

• Posting Member
Hey everyone! Just keeping you all updated. I had the surgery at 9:30AM this morning and I think the only pain I was in was when the needle for the anesthetic was put into my arm. When it started rushing through my veins I felt like I was having a lethal injection!!

Apparently I was awake through out the entire procedure but I couldn't remember. I do remember a nurse asking me something and me giving a thumbs up lol. I was told most people talk heaps of crap while they're under but I was as quiet as a mouse. LOL, I seriously doubt that because the mood in the OR was heaps light so I'm sure the doctors heard funny stuff out of me! :D

I was in NO PAIN AT ALL! I thought it was weird but I was told because I was pumped full of anesthetic. I got home and took these pics

Chest with dressingsChest with dressingsChest with dressings
The glands taken out of meThe glands taken out of meThe glands taken out of me
The left drain. Nothing came outThe right drain. Lots of fluid came out!Close up of the right areola with fluid draining

I have an appointment tomorrow to get the dressings off and to get my vest fitted. The surgery went without a hitch and I hope the results are what I'm after.

:( Sad thing is I tried to touch my nipple and I've lost all sensation!! Oh well, I was told it may happen but when I touch it... nothing! :(

- sydboy85

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
its great that you have shared so much detail, i have been thinking of surgery and im in perth wa, so its good to see how much it cost u and i hope u will post follow up pics too. the before pictures your nipples looked hard, did u have a case of puffy nipples or was it just the gland?

Offline Daniel3511

• Posting Member
What's your recovery period like? How long until you are allowed to run and do weights and such?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
your pics are a useful reminder that the operation excised a gyne mass that some people would say from the first pics didn't exist, that you had a normal chest, but was real and had a years-long unhappy story behind it.   congrats on your new freedom.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
your pics are a useful reminder that the operation excised a gyne mass that some people would say from the first pics didn't exist, that you had a normal chest.

That's for sure dude.....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024