Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 12765 times)

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
In the last several days there have been 2 posters specifically saying they were contemplating suicide. They are not the only ones that I have read in my time here. Maybe the board/website homepage should address this. Maybe a link on the homepage to a site like:

suicidehotlines.com

That is for the states only. But there are probably sites for other countries. Yes gynecomastia can help spiral the depression but it is no reason to kill yourself. Just wanted to suggest this because reading those posts kinda scares me.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I agree with Manzeer.  There should be a link on the page to some sort of mental health crisis hotline or website at least.  I know that I had thoughts that weren't too pretty before when suffering from gynecomastia. If anyone else knows some other places to go, please post them.  I'll look into it as well.  Good idea Manzeer!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In the last several days there have been 2 posters specifically saying they were contemplating suicide. They are not the only ones that I have read in my time here. Maybe the board/website homepage should address this. Maybe a link on the homepage to a site like:

suicidehotlines.com

Agreed!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
It's a good idea but I think this board is probably much more effective;  to know that you're not the only one suffering this sh!t, and that there IS a solution is a much needed beacon in what can be a very dark place. I'll admit my thoughts wandered to some pretty scary lands before I found this place and finally mustered the courage to take the first step and get a consultation. The rest, as they say, is, happily, history.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that kind of thing makes you think these boards REALLY ARE a better place for somebody who's thinking that on account of gyne. 

doesn't not taking someone seriously violate the very first rule of prevention?  what kind of complete idiots do they have manning those phones?  ???  >:(

so much for the "pros".  best not to steer anyone elsewhere, keep them here, they'd be better off  :-\
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline dontknow_ok

• Posting Member
It's a good idea but I think this board is probably much more effective;  to know that you're not the only one suffering this sh!t, and that there IS a solution is a much needed beacon in what can be a very dark place. I'll admit my thoughts wandered to some pretty scary lands before I found this place and finally mustered the courage to take the first step and get a consultation. The rest, as they say, is, happily, history.

Well said, someone that depressed needs to talk to those who actually understand.  Having said that, I think I'll spend more time here.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
girl problems and gyno would that qualify for a solid reason for a suicide or what?, i experienced it about a year ago when my girl cheated on me with my best friend, but im over it and i didnt call any hotlines, to make myself feel better i actually beat a bloody pulp out of the guy, and trust me it worked lol, and i kinda chickened out when i tried to confront death, i think people who talk about suicide rarely commit to it, its their way of reaching for a shoulder to cry on.

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
if some kid is going to write on a messageboard about "contemplating suicide"...he isnt going to kill himself. duh

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
if some kid is going to write on a messageboard about "contemplating suicide"...he isnt going to kill himself. duh

I disagree with the above statement.

I believe there have been many cases of people telling others they intend to commit suicide and then going ahead and doing it.  Only the other day the national news over here in the UK, told the story of a guy in an internet chatroom with a web cam who said he was going to kill himself and then he did it for everyone to see.

All such statements should be taken seriously if it is going to save a life whether is because of gyne or anything else.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Guys are much more likely to committ suicide than women, they are also much more likely to do it on the first try again, unlike women.

Anytime anyone threatens it should be seriously taken as a cry for help. These boards are one place that men can talk, share and not feel alone.

There is no way for me to post hotlines and web sites for every country or city. If someone knows of a website we can refer to I am glad to post it.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Layzie

• Posting Member
Guys are much more likely to committ suicide than women, they are also much more likely to do it on the first try again, unlike women.

I think its the other way around. Women try it more often but they use methods like wrist slitting and pills. Men shoot, hang or violently kill themselves.

Offline ddave

You my friend , have no idea what you are talking about. And i'm not a kid either. I'm in my forties and have an otherwise "normal life" The depths of despair a person can reach knows no age. Bradley Delp the lead singer for the rock group Boston,  committed suicide last month. In a suicide letter he wrote." I am a lonely soul." This condition can consume some peoples life.
And i imagine also make them lonely souls.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024