Author Topic: Yet another "Is it?" thread...  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Floydian_87

• Posting Member
Hi there,

I really hope some people here can help me out a little. I've only found out of this condition a few days ago and having read so many descriptions of it I really think that I may have this or at least resemble the symptoms.

Here's some pictures (I hope this link works), please read on too  :)
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s47/floyd_man87/

I've always been quite fat from an early age and slightly overweight. And this has always put me down and for years I haven't had the confidence to even take my top off in front of anyone and most of the time I would rather not even see myself in the mirror !  :o   After reading about this condition I made the decision to see a doctor which was yesturday. As I half expected they only suggested I alter my diet further and do more exercise than I am currently doing. Though I am just not convinced that is going to solve very much as from the pictures I see the shape of the breasts is not what it should be ! I will continue to change my diet and exercise more but I strongly feel (but I'm not some expert) that surgery is probably the key. I'm not sure what some of you might say - whether it is gynecomastia or not - but I think surgery is the only route I have. I guess I'm just looking for other opinions on this and what they think of the photos. I'm quite confused right now and like most people here quite distressed. This has been going around my head a lot in the last few days.

I've had a look at other photos that have been posted here and I'm probably not the worst but I've seen better. Anyway, my height is: 170cm (maybe slightly less) and about 13.2 stone. 

I turn 20 next month and having spent all of my teens being fat, or thinking it was only fat, it's time for me to actually do something about this. I want to be confident with myself for once. I suppose I might sound a bit rash saying I want surgery even though I have only really discovered I might have gynecomastia. But surgery has regularly entered my mind when thinking of ways to reduce fat even though I'm not exactly obese.

Apart from the doctor, I haven't spoken to anyone about this. It was embarrassing enough going to the doctor about it, never mind talking to my parents or anyone else about it.

Anyway, I really hope someone can reply to this thread :)

Thanks !
Floydian_87

Offline Jamama

• Posting Member
How about you get into shape before you start thinking about surgery?  It couldnt hurt, and then you would get a load of confidence.

Offline Floydian_87

• Posting Member
I can see how losing weight first is a good idea but I find getting the motivation to do more exercise than I'm currently doing very hard. But I should probably point out that I have a form of Arthritis, which I was diagnosed with when I was 9, so too much exercise is usually bad for it (and having no exercise is even worse) and I'm currently doing as much as I can without bringing back any pain. So I'm a bit stuck there  :-\

I just seem to be looking for an easy way out and surgey seems to be that.

i lost 8 stone went from 18st to 10st 11 (141pounds)

That sounds quite impressive but I imagine that would have taken a long time ? 
I don't know that much about weight loss but the thought of me being like this for another 6 months or more is quite depressing.

Offline Jamama

• Posting Member
"Looking for an easy way out"

How about you at least form a good diet.  That will make pounds go away.

Offline Floydian_87

• Posting Member
I have started forming a good diet since I started this thread, so it's a start 8)

But what do people think of the pictures ? Does it look like I really have  it ?  :-\

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think you do, i'd call it a 2.5 to 3. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024