Author Topic: Privacy???  (Read 2105 times)

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I was wondering about the general policies of privacy. I would lilke to keep it secret, even to the friend who will monitor me post-surgery. I would like to make something up, but am unsure about how to go about it. Any advice.

Offline teets

• Posting Member
m, As far as privacy all the surgeons I met with during the consultations highlighted there confidentiality. Heck, the place I ended up having it done at had a private elevator from the parking garage just for the surgery center appointments. The only time I went in the front door was for the consultation. As far as someone  picking you up. I believe Dr. Egrari's policy was that it had to be someone other than yourself and they had to be with you the first night. He did mention in my folder something about recovery centers that they would arrange trans. I guess that would be even more discrete, no friends needed to haul ya around.
Whatever else you would like to know about I'm more than willing to share. Not much else I can do since I'm pretty sore today.teets

Offline teets

• Posting Member
M, You should probably talk to them about that. There a pretty well put together outfit and I'm sure this is a very common concern. As far as a story as to what is getting done for you I'm struggling with that one myself. I figured since I'm taking this whole week off of work I should be able to play next week off on  a mt. bike wreck or something. Thats a tough one if the person that is dropping you off can't know. I obviously had to tell the wife. teets

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Congrats teets. Sounds like a pretty positive experience. I'm thinking about saying I need an aggressive biopsy, or something like that. I just don't want my companion gettin' snoopy during, or after,  the procedure. I'm sure this is a common obstacle, but it sounds like most people told one person. I don't even want to tell my parents, or else I would have them accompany me. If I had one friend that wasn't friends with all my other friends, I would have them take me. I have good friends, but these things have a tendency to get out. I'll probably give whoever takes me a bill or two, and say that insurance will reimburse me. Maybe that will help. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024