Author Topic: Bermant #1 gynecomastia Castle Connolly Top Doctors 2007  (Read 7387 times)

Offline Optimistic

• Posting Member
Had the wife pick this book up to help me find the #1 guy, and I wasn't surprised. I seen Dr. Bermants work and without a doubt he is #1 the work he does is amazing. I have a slight case on 1 side but I have to go to this surgeon. I seen 3 doctors already 1 worst than the next their photos made me ill. They didn't pay attention to the detail Dr. Bermant obviously puts into his patients.

They only show his name there in the book under Gynecomastia, which must say alot if he is the only person who was capable of making the cut no pun intended.

Castle Connoly Americas Top Doctors 6th edition 2007

TiredofIt's outcome looks awesome, if you are gonna do this you might as well go for the best.

"In the land of Gyne the man with the tightest Under Armour shirt is KING!"- Me
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 09:30:26 PM by Optimistic »

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
I'm pretty sure he's made that book every year since it started. He's got them framed and hanging up in his waiting area. I couldn't be happier with my results, no question.

Good luck!

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I agree with Grandpa Bambu!! My surgeon did an excellent job and he only performs about 24 surgeries a year for gynecomastia. I am not saying that Dr. Bermant isn't one of the best, he is, but there are many other capable surgeons out there too!!!

Offline Optimistic

• Posting Member
I totally understand where you are coming from but the 3 doctors I seen and felt comfortable with till I saw their photos I left actually saying its not worth it.  Been searching now for a little over 2 years and I have yet to see anyone on the level of Dr. Bermant. So its no shock to see he's the only surgeon who made it in the book. Book or no book my wife didn't even have to tell me I already figured he was in the top 5 but he was the only name.
How many half hearted jobs do you have to see before you finally say to yourself I should have gone to the best...

For the people who don't have the time and visit fees to waste, I gotta say he seems like the only choice. Visit after visit $75 here $50 there over and over. You get in there see their horrible skills and say my god I feel like this is a joke not a laughing matter and I'm seeing horror pics.

Again if my goal is to just wear a loose shirt and feel relaxed then yea these doctors might be capable of doing the job. I want someone who is more than just capable of just doing the job. In less severe cases you are looking for more than just a capable hand if you understand where I'm coming from.

I dont have great luck so searching in Florida for doctors hasn't paid off at all it's very discouraging.  My brother in law had it done but he was so distraught about it he didn't even research he said just do it and of course... They cut his entire areola off and set it back but he will never take his shirt off cause he rushed into something without researching.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:02:54 AM by Optimistic »

Offline Optimistic

• Posting Member
I guess if it was an international book Dr. Lista would have been right there with bermant. I totally was in awe when he broke out the microscopic tools in that video and said how he tries to do it all from 1 incision "per pec" and by feel as he clips away the gland. Now if money was no object and travelling all the way up there I do agree he seems very attentive to how the patient is gonna look at themselves afterwards. From Florida even Virgina seems like a stretch for me.

I mention to some doctors that I seen that video they have no clue about it. I'm like he used microscopic tools that you would see used in spine surgery to cut the gland from 1/4 inch incisions to the side of the pec. They look at me dumbfounded , thats when I say thank you I am not expecting perfection but atleast someone who isn't trying to find someone with that level of quality.

Was supposed to go Friday to another doctor, zero photos on his site, I dont know if thats a good or bad sign. But he does 150+ of these a year again I don't know the level of detail cause no photos. Free consultation though a first I'm shocked.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:19:41 AM by Optimistic »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude... dude... dude...  If you were paying attention son, the surgeon in 'that' video is Dr. Frank Lista, not Dr. Fielding.

Did you think that Dr. Lista was my surgeon just cuz we appeared in the same vid?

GB
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 06:22:32 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Optimistic

• Posting Member
Whoa lol hold your horses, names got mixed. I'm not trying to say I'm an expert here nor did I know you were in that video. I'm saying that guy in that video Dr. Lista would be in the book with Bermant had it been internationally based.  But yes thank you for correcting the name mixup so I could modify that last response. Dr. Lista is the guy that I was impressed with next to bermant the way he talked about the gyne surgery and the level of care knowing some people dont want to live with massive scarring.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:46:09 PM by Optimistic »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I guess if it was an international book Dr. Lista would have been right there with bermant.

Now you have changed your post... You're making me look like a fool.   >:(

You don't play fair dude....   :-\

GB

Offline Optimistic

• Posting Member
That wasn't my intention, I admitted that I changed it cause I mixed up the 2 doctors. Heh why would I try to make anyone look like a fool?

Although reading these forums some people are concerned that Lista leaves part of the gland in.

Trying to find a site of Dr. Craig Fielding can you hook me up with a link to his site?

I gotta say I searched and searched I can't find Dr. Craig Fielding's site, I'm guessing you are his #1 advocate his name leads to this site every time.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/surg_listing/surgeons.cgi?filter=Canada&filter_state=AZ
I figured maybe dr. Craig Fielding would be there..
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:44:58 PM by Optimistic »

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I wonder why he is not there as well. Given all the good press that he gets, even from one of the moderators.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Trying to find a site of Dr. Craig Fielding can you hook me up with a link to his site?

As far as I know, JCF does not have a Website nor a business email addy.

I gotta say I searched and searched I can't find Dr. Craig Fielding's site, I'm guessing you are his #1 advocate his name leads to this site every time.

I am one of many of JCF's supporters.

FYI dude, Dr. Fielding's name leads to many other Sites than Gynecomastia.org.

GB

Offline Optimistic

• Posting Member
No website and no business email, he must be awesome, Dr. Frank lista must lose alot of business that way he should close his site and attempt the same thing jk.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
how do we know all of you arent working for or are the doctors yourselves?not trying to be a jerk, I am in South California (Orange COunty) and am seriously frustrated finding a good surgeon. PLEASE HELP.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
how do we know all of you arent working for or are the doctors yourselves?not trying to be a jerk, I am in South California (Orange COunty) and am seriously frustrated finding a good surgeon. PLEASE HELP.

Then again, how do we know YOU'RE not one of them, too?   ;D

You have to do the homework and search for the qualified gyne surgeons.  If I can find one in Western North Carolina, then I'm sure you can find one in Southern California.  The bottom line is if you want to stay local to Southern CA, then you should call the PS's in your area, go through several consultations and then pick the one you're most confident with.  Ask to see their before and after pics.  Maybe there are some people on here who've had experiences in your area and could give you a recommendation.  Good luck.   :)

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

how do we know all of you arent working for or are the doctors yourselves?

Trust dude, trust! I'm not a doctor. A 7 color Flexographic Printing Press Operator acutally.

Working for the docs... not.  They get our praise, however we do not get any retribution for our kind words... None required!   :P

GB
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:35:45 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024