Author Topic: noshirt's scar tissue  (Read 14133 times)

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
  • Surgery done on 5/20/04
4 months post op tomorrow....excision of gland only

my scar tissue began to harden and protrude after i removed my compression vest at 4 weeks. my left nipple was perfect, completely flat. the right one stuck out because of fluid. over the following weeks, size varied, at 3 months nipples both stuck out equally. i didnt massage my left one because i didnt think it needed it. so my right one has vastly improved and now my left one is worse. last week i began massaging 3 times a day with mederma. the tube said to use mederma 3 times a day for 8 weeks, so 7 weeks to go. i think i may wear the compression vest also.

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
6 weeks of mederma

no change  >:(

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
recently my nipples have been extremely sore and contract at the slightest stimulation, causing them to poke out. i also have an itching sensation

has anyone else experienced this this late in recovery?

i think the soreness is from the massaging, but i dont know what to do. the scar tissue needs to go, i would look great if it did but for now im almost in the same boat before minus the puffiness.

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
i think 9 grams from one side and 13 from the other

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
slight improvement, scar tissue seems to be breaking up, less dense maybe. left side still bigger and still reacting at slightest stimulation

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
started using some neosporin, just to experiment, with the mederma. still tissue the size of a small peach pit in the left. cant tell if theres any improvement. right side continues to improve, hard tissue just about gone, all thats left is under the incision.

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
for some reason, it appears the neosporin is working. i know it was used for scars from minor cuts or burns, i didnt expect it to work for this. when my right nipple is stimulated, the areola for the most part is mostly staying down, thats what i wanted to happen.  left one is still a little behind in comparison, more scar tissue, i'm at 5 months post op in a little over a week, i think i will be a new man by the time shirtless season rolls around. until then, lots of massaging and bench pressing

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
weather just started getting cold where i am, nipples are contracting and poking out a lot. its like the nipples are deflated, i hope loose skin wont be as big of a deal after the scar tissue goes. its kind of discouraging not having final results by now

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
when i massage i feel tiny beads popping and dissolving, im guessing thats a good thing. not too much improvement.

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
speaking of that, since i started 2 months ago my bench max has gone from 145 to 195

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
i hear most people say at 6 months the scar tissue starts yo dissolve rapidly, i'm hoping thats true, i've got a month til then

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
new project- got scar pads made by neosprorin, they have silicon in them and it says it mimics the skin healing process. im hoping to see results in 4 weeks.

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
definitely something happening, not quite sure what it is. scars softer maybe? i dont want to get excited after 2 days

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
slow but steady improvement, i think i'll be completely satisfied by the time no shirt weather rolls around.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024