Author Topic: Medication for Puffy Nips/Gyno symptoms  (Read 5703 times)

Offline dwele_g

• Posting Member
Hey everyone! Am new to the forums  :)

I have had puffy nipples (and I believe some fatty tissue around my pectorals) for a long time now but only really noticed them when other people did. I thought it may be one of those things that went away "when I am growing up". But truth is I am turning 21 in two months and they are still there.

I am an incredibly fit guy (even if I do say so myself  ;D ) and my body fat percentage is in the range of 7-8%. So I started doing some reading up on the condition and decided to take matters into my own hands. I bought a product called E-Form which contains formestane in a spray which inhibits the production of estrogen I believe. This made me look a lot more muscular so I knew it was having some effect on me. However when it didn't seem to change my nipples I went to see my doctor. Yesterday he prescribed me with some pills called Bromocriptine.

What I want to know is if they have any effect at all...obviously surgery is the last route I want to go down.

Thanks in advance
Dwele

If your doctor prescribed it, it should do something. I've read a lot about gynecomastia, and i was led to believe that there is no medication that helps. Good to hear that i could be wrong.

Offline dwele_g

• Posting Member
If your doctor prescribed it, it should do something. I've read a lot about gynecomastia, and i was led to believe that there is no medication that helps. Good to hear that i could be wrong.

I was lead to believe the same. I think this bromocriptine stuff regulates hormones in the body which can cause gyno. My dad said he had it when he was young but then it just went away presumably when he turned into an adult. Thing is I am 21 soon and still have it :-(

sadboy89

I have read alot about tamoxifen, a breast cancer drug that is like an estrogen antagonist-might try it out there have apparently been some studies with good results-probably have to get it illegally though :( anyone tried it?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
I have read alot about tamoxifen, a breast cancer drug that is like an estrogen antagonist-might try it out there have apparently been some studies with good results-probably have to get it illegally though :( anyone tried it?

Self medicating with a prescription drug like Tamoxifen is not a good idea.  Messing with your hormones is something best left to an Endocrinologist.  Go and see one.

There are studies that show that Anti Oestrogens like Tamoxifen and Aromatase Inhibitors like Arimidex can have limited success with reducing gyne but only in the early stages of growth.  Generally speaking if you have had your gyne for more than a year, they don’t work.

Go and see an Endocrinologist and find out what your hormones are doing.  If there is a problem then the Endo will prescribe any medication that will help.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:16:51 AM by Time_to_fix_it »
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member

Self medicating with a prescription drug like Tamoxifen is not a good idea.  Messing with your hormones is something best left to an Endocrinologist.  Go and see one.

There are studies that show that Anti Oestrogens like Tamoxifen and Aromatase Inhibitors like Arimidex can have limited success with reducing gyne but only in the early stages of growth.  Generally speaking if you have had your gyne for more than a year, they don’t work.

Go and see an Endocrinologist and find out what your hormones are doing.  If there is a problem then the Endo will prescribe any medication that will help.

x2  they went to med school for a reason

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member
Bromo suppresses prolactin. Bromo is commonly used during steroid cycles where Decca, Tren or Anadrol are present (among others).

I highly doubt it will help if gland in already present!!

My 2ml,

KCB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024