Author Topic: Teens & Gyno  (Read 3193 times)

Offline WorriedTeen

Hey guys,

I am happy to have found a board to discuss this issue, as I was going to try to email a doctor to ask about it.

I have developed, since probably the age of 12 or 13, a relatively minor case of gynecomastia. I am currently in the middle of my 16th year and the gyno has not subsided, in fact it has gotten worse (though still relatively very minor).

It has caused me (I have noticed) very low self esteem. I have always been worried about how I look, and too worried to wear T-shirts often. I am sure many people here know how I have felt for the past few years.

My gyno is not pendullum shaped at all. Rather, it is very minor. It barely comes out at all, but enough to notice nontheless. I know that it is gyno due to the hard lumps I have underneath my nipples.

I am very, very worried that this is not subsiding. I lost weight recently until I became quite thin. The gyno was still there, although it was less obvious. Now, as I have been training with weights and gained a small amount of fat, the gyno is more obvious.

What I am worried about is that it seems to be going past the time that it was supposed to leave me. In my research, most people seem to say that the gyno should leave teens at the age of 16. I am in the middle of the sixteen year and it has not subsided at all (not to be redundant).

Do I have any hope that it will naturally leave me yet?

Thanks you for any help you can offer,

Worried.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
I will be approaching my 16th birthday this August..

Offline Spleen

It may go away, it may not.  Mine never did go away on its own.  You're still pretty young though so give it a little more time.  Don't make the gyne more important than it needs to be.  If it sticks around you can always look in to ways to correct it.

Offline WorriedTeen

Thanks for the replies guys  :).

What I would more want to know is: Do people actually lose gyno naturally after the age of 16? Or are the chances now very slight?

I have heard of people getting the surgery at 16.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
the chance is smaller the older you get of it resolving itself, but depends on you..did you hit puberty before everyone else around you? same time? after? that would give you a good clue but even that isn't completely foolproof...

16 IMO is young to have the surgery, but it has been done, at that age usually your hormones could still be a little funny and it could grow back, but it all depends on the person..there's no way you can take generalizations and with 100% accuracy apply them to yourself...

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
compared to the people around me, i hit puberty late..

ill be 16 in august.. im not overweight, infact i have alot of muscle.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
if you hit puberty late it could resolve itself later than it would in someone who hit puberty earlier..

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Hm, never thought about it that way, toronto.. Im hoping it will go away soon, like before the summer  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024