Author Topic: ER experience  (Read 1037 times)

Brdy64

During a trip to the ER I had to put a gown on. I left my bra on because I was just there for a recent fall (check for broken bones). 
The nurse came in to insert an IV and hook up my leads. She said nothing at first but simply removed my bra and tucked it behind my back on the bed. 
While hooking up the leads she had to pick my breasts up out of the way for a couple of them. 
She just smiled and said: "I see why you need the bra". 
I told her it kind of sucks having boobs and being a guy. She said it's worse being a girl and seeing a guy with bigger ones. 

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
During my last two visits to the ER, the doctor reports referred to me as "she". Came across a little humorous. The first time the doctor actually saw my chest because i broke two ribs in a fall. The second time, a different doctor, just saw my nips through my thin moisture wicking long sleeve hoodie.  

Brdy64

During my last two visits to the ER, the doctor reports referred to me as "she". Came across a little humorous. The first time the doctor actually saw my chest because i broke two ribs in a fall. The second time, a different doctor, just saw my nips through my thin moisture wicking long sleeve hoodie. 
It's funny, quite a few times I get called "ma'am" by people that don't know me. It is just assumed that "breasts mean female". 

On another note: I am a high fall risk. So the adult day center I attend will not allow me to transfer in the bathroom alone. 
The CNAs have the habit of reaching though my shirt and grabbing a handful of my bra behind me to help steady me. They should use a gait belt, but they never take the time (really stretches out my bra bands). 
When training new help and they tell the person to "grab his bra", it always results in weird looks. 

Offline Busty

I like that ER nurse. Not so sure about the others 

Kazmage

I have had a few experiences like that the two stick out was when I went for a ct scan the nurse had to lift my boobs up to attach the sensors * you could see I wear a bra due to the tell tale marks * all the nurse said was " I see why you would need to wear a bra " 
The second one was after I went for a angiogram  the nurse got out my clothes for me to get changed and said " since your not supposed to use your right arm let me help strap your boobs in " and then it was like business as usual 

bikerbob

I had some minor surgery a while back where they gave me a mild general anesthetic.  When they attached the sensors for the heart monitor, the nurse just reached down my shirt and slipped her fingers into the top of my bra.  I didn't notice any reaction from her.  Also I have quit worrying about wearing a bra when I visit my doctor.  When he was using the stethoscope, he just went right over the bra like he would with a woman.  I think medical personnel are not surprised by much.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 04:03:30 PM by felix »

Offline taxmapper

I had some minor surgery a while back where they gave me a mild general anesthetic.  When they attached the sensors for the heart monitor, the nurse just reached down my shirt and slipped her fingers into the top of my bra.  I didn't notice any reaction from her.  Also I have quit worrying about wearing a bra when I visit my doctor.  When he was using the stethoscope, he just went right over the bra like he would with a woman.  I think medical personnel are not surprised by much.
A friend of mine who worked as a paramedic and also a nurse in a local hospital told me.. 
"I am not suprised at ANYTHING anymore."

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Had a recent bout with angioedema requiring an ER visit. It was in the middle of the night, no bra on so no worries about that, just frightened I would suffocate before the Rx took hold. Never had that before and it’s supposed to manifest in people before 40 ( I am 73) 
I have never worn one at MD visit before as I have just recently started supporting the ‘girls’ as some say.
I plan on going to the Doc with my bra on, it does give me some feeling of trepidation as it’s a small town 
We shall see what happens…
Regards, Bob 

Regards, Bob

Brdy64

Had a recent bout with angioedema requiring an ER visit. It was in the middle of the night, no bra on so no worries about that, just frightened I would suffocate before the Rx took hold. Never had that before and it’s supposed to manifest in people before 40 ( I am 73)
I have never worn one at MD visit before as I have just recently started supporting the ‘girls’ as some say.
I plan on going to the Doc with my bra on, it does give me some feeling of trepidation as it’s a small town
We shall see what happens…
Regards, Bob
Hope you are feeling better,
those things can be scary. 

Let us know how it goes with the MD. 😉

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024