Author Topic: What does acceptance mean to you?  (Read 16315 times)

hammer

Been 3 years since i replied to this thread. I think i am closer to acceptance. Still refuse to get surgery just so other people think i look more "normal".

I have moved into the bra thing a little more, but still resist.

It is people i know rejecting me more, than people I dont know making fun of me that worries me I guess. Sometimes I am strong and dont care. Sometimes I feel more vulnerable.

Maybe total acceptance will forever elude me. Either way, life is good and I just keep on living with a heart of gratitude. I know things can be much worse than a set of boobs.

Max, is it just a feeling that you get that people are rejecting you or do you actually talk to them? I never had those feelings myself as my breast grew! I did talk openly about it to those closest to me after I had to go through the surgery that removed my testicles.

Educating people about gynecomastia will help you get people to understand what it is that you have going on with your body! That is what I like about this forum and why I want to keep it all about gynecomastia and keep it clean too so people can come here to get educated and understanding about it and not be reading other BS!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:53:33 PM by hammer »

Jason13820

Well said Hammer.
Acceptance for me may vary slightly from others here. I was already at a point in my teens when I had boobs large enough to benefit from a bra. I was already a 36D when I graduated from high school. It was tough growing up with a nickname of "breasts". 

Ugh, I feel you. I was "Pam" or "Pamela," as in Pamela Anderson, because Baywatch was a big deal at the time and a bully in my class said I had boobs as big as hers. It stuck, too, unfortunately. And my gym teacher didn't help. I met with him privately once and asked if he could stop putting me on the "skins" teams when we played shirts vs. skins. He said lots of kids asked that, so he couldn't give me special treatment, and of course from that point on he went out of his way to always make me skins. I think it amused him. The other kids would call me Pam right in front of him and he never stopped them.

hammer

Well said Hammer.
Acceptance for me may vary slightly from others here. I was already at a point in my teens when I had boobs large enough to benefit from a bra. I was already a 36D when I graduated from high school. It was tough growing up with a nickname of "breasts".

Ugh, I feel you. I was "Pam" or "Pamela," as in Pamela Anderson, because Baywatch was a big deal at the time and a bully in my class said I had boobs as big as hers. It stuck, too, unfortunately. And my gym teacher didn't help. I met with him privately once and asked if he could stop putting me on the "skins" teams when we played shirts vs. skins. He said lots of kids asked that, so he couldn't give me special treatment, and of course from that point on he went out of his way to always make me skins. I think it amused him. The other kids would call me Pam right in front of him and he never stopped them.

Jason,  I'm sorry that you had to put up with that bs! I was the guy in school that stop the bullies from giving crap to people! Yes I had gyno too but I was the guy that no one wanted to mess with and I was not a bully either!

I may use wheelchair now, but I still fear no one but God and once and a while my wife lol!

I don't even fear the IRS, I just pay my taxes!

Jason13820

Thanks Hammer. It seemed like a much bigger deal at the time than it actually was. It's funny, nowadays if someone said I had boobs like Pamela Anderson's, I would take it as a compliment. It was more annoying than hurtful, really, like can't you come up with a more creative insult? They kept it up so much the girls even started call me Pam because eventually everyone just assumed it was just a nickname.

hammer

Thanks Hammer. It seemed like a much bigger deal at the time than it actually was. It's funny, nowadays if someone said I had boobs like Pamela Anderson's, I would take it as a compliment. It was more annoying than hurtful, really, like can't you come up with a more creative insult? They kept it up so much the girls even started call me Pam because eventually everyone just assumed it was just a nickname.

I would rather be a Pam then a Butthead or Beavis!  Lol

aboywithgirls

Paraphrasing what I had said before. Having boobs is not the worst thing in the world.  At least for me, it's a good bra and problem solved.  The only problem that is, a good bra usually costs between $70-100 for something I can wear for 18 hours and not fall apart or break an underwire half way through my day! 

hammer

Paraphrasing what I had said before. Having boobs is not the worst thing in the world.  At least for me, it's a good bra and problem solved.  The only problem that is, a good bra usually costs between $70-100 for something I can wear for 18 hours and not fall apart or break an underwire half way through my day!

And as I said, we've all said there are many worse things then having breast!

On another note,  i got something in one of my tires yesterday on my Dodge truck, and the tires have around 500 miles on them and the hole was in an area that was not repairable! The good news is it was covered by mopar road hazard so it didn't cost a dime!

However, the guy that was my service agent and I were talking and I told him that I always like to look at things as (THE GLASS HALF FULL) and he said, "why not look at it as THE GLASS FULL"?

I like that! I think that will now be a challenge for me in my life! From now on THE GLASS IS FULL!

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member

I like that! I think that will now be a challenge for me in my life! From now on THE GLASS IS FULL!

That is a good attitude to adopt , hammer.

Around 12 years ago, having had to cease in business due to having reached the breaking point everyone has I found I had no longer any need to please others...just myself ...and without needing anyone else's approval I was happy.  I live by myself for myself.

As a long-time friend of mine was used to saying "Happiness does not consist of having what you want but in wanting what you have".

hammer

Around 12 years ago, having had to cease in business due to having reached the breaking point everyone has I found I had no longer any need to please others...just myself ...and without needing anyone else's approval I was happy.  I live by myself for myself.

As a long-time friend of mine was used to saying "Happiness does not consist of having what you want but in wanting what you have".

That is very good too! I'm always trying to get my oldest daughter to understand that happiness comes from within!

I had to give up my business at the age of 40 and go on disability! At the bottom of each of my posts you can see two saying that I totally believe in and try to live by and a link to my story as well!

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member

Around 12 years ago, having had to cease in business due to having reached the breaking point everyone has I found I had no longer any need to please others...just myself ...and without needing anyone else's approval I was happy.  I live by myself for myself.

There are three types of posts on
acceptance: Surprisingly many
guys like/enjoy their breasts and therefore accept them.
Guys who dislike their breasts but accept them because the only alternative is surgery.
guys who don’t accept them and have them removed.
Clearly the surgery guys (non acceptors) are off topic and should not post here, that leaves the guys who accept them for one of the two above reasons.

Here is my story I hope the “resigned to my fate” guys will get something from this.
When I was told that I was growing a female body part, I must have looked at the radiologist as though her head was on backwards.  After processing the news for one day, I had an epiphany.  My breasts are a natural part of my body and so I should embrace them not shun them. From that moment on, I continue to look forward to watching them grow and develop, cup size by cup size, until they reach their maximum potential. A D cup would be ideal but I’ll enjoy whatever I wind up with.
The key to my enjoyment is that my breasts are completely natural. I’m totally against taking  hormones, pills, estrogen creams etc.
A 35 yo man with breasts is a far cry from normal but that makes them all the more valuable to me.

aboywithgirls

I started wearing a bra when I was 13 because my gynecomastia was so severe. I have never seriously considered surgery. It wasn't until I was in my early 30s that I truly accepted them. When I was a DD I knew that I had to accept them for my own sanity. After I fully accepted them, I found that others accepted as well..After I had a thyroidectomy due to cancer, I went from a 38DD, to a 38H..I had to make adjustments. I started buying my bras from specialty shops. I started wearing ladies tops. My bottom and my hips rounded out and I started wearing ladies jeans and slacks and underwear.

I just try to dress myself and wear clothing that fits. If that makes me a crossdresser, Im ok with that. 

Offline blad

I think by the time any of us have decided to wear a bra full time we have accepted the situation. We then just want to do what most people do when they have breasts; and that is be comfortable on a daily basis with a well fitting bra.

Wearing a bra is then just a daily thing like putting on socks, and like socks, you forget you are even wearing one for much of the time. You become more aware if you do not have a bra on.
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024