Author Topic: Acceptance by others  (Read 6884 times)

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Boy do I identify with having to spend a lot of coin on a good fitting bra that could have been spent on something far more important and necessary for the betterment of the entire world. Something like a new fishing rod, some better lures, a nicer set of tires for the truck, or a new scope for one of the rifles.
Now we all put out a serious amount of coin on bras and then our bodies do not cooperate with the nice support systems we get for our "assets" by doing something like getting bigger and making us unable to use the new bras for more than a few months (3-8). As soon as we get used to one size, we grow some more and have to get used to the new size and get new bras, and then it happens again. It would be nice if there was a bra exchange where we could turn in our bras that we outgrow for some other ones that would fit.
Women understand and I have been aided by women who know a friend of mine and try to help me through her. They do not know me personally but feel for me and my situation. They are coming up with advice on bra types that might fit me or advising me on a bra I have on at the time, like it is too small or I need better support and I should not smash them. They have grown up having breasts and we men get them very suddenly. Their concern for guys with boobs is encouraging.
Guys do not ask or want to know about what is going on with my chest. They almost seem to be embaressed or fearful that what I have might be contageous (it seems). There is no concern or desire to help in any way shape or form...but then again, we are guys and guys do not grow boobs. LOL!

Offline TigerPaws

"we are guys and guys do not grow boobs".

Well for all of the men on this forum that is not exactly true, as for your assessment of the time line for the life of a bra, 3 to 8 months falls in line with how long a woman's bra lasts depending on the quality. Considering that our breasts are no different than a woman's why should our's last longer?

And I agree; I spend a fair amount on bra's and bra tops, not that I really care how much I spend as I do not pay much attention to such things.

I do try a lot of different styles, types, sizes from different manufactures around the world, most are either not to my taste or do not fit me comfortably so I give them to a local thrift shop which sells them for a dollar to the less fortunate locals.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:22:29 AM by TigerPaws »

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I meant that in a "tongue in cheek" manner, with a LOL (laugh out loud) added in the end. As for giving our old bras to resale shops, I never thought of that. It is a good idea, thank you. Sage advice from a wise man. Thanks TigerPaws!

Offline TigerPaws

I meant that in a "tongue in cheek" manner, with a LOL (laugh out loud) added in the end. As for giving our old bras to resale shops, I never thought of that. It is a good idea, thank you. Sage advice from a wise man. Thanks TigerPaws!
A joke may have been the intent but the point is still valid.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As with any support garment, a Bra needs time to relax and return to its original shape or it will be short lived.   A clerk told my Daughter who has very large Breasts, HH cups,  that she should not wear the same bra twice in a week if she wished it to last.  OK, the initial cost of that many garments was expensive, but the truth is that they now seem to last for ever. Simply allowing the garments a significant time to rest between uses has made a great difference.   If a garment is under heavy stress almost constantly it will soon start to sag.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline TigerPaws

As with any support garment, a Bra needs time to relax and return to its original shape or it will be short lived.   A clerk told my Daughter who has very large Breasts, HH cups,  that she should not wear the same bra twice in a week if she wished it to last.  OK, the initial cost of that many garments was expensive, but the truth is that they now seem to last for ever. Simply allowing the garments a significant time to rest between uses has made a great difference.   If a garment is under heavy stress almost constantly it will soon start to sag.  
Sage words sir, I wonder if that is why so many women .... Uh! Never mind.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024