Author Topic: Surgery with Mr Tillo, Centre For Surgery - with pics, Nov 2018  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Deeceebee

• Posting Member
Hi guys

Took the plunge and went and had my consultation with Dr Tillo at the Centre for Surgery a couple of weeks ago.

He was extremely accommodating and filled me with a lot of confidence.  Very gentle in nature and gave me a lot of time in the consultation to go through questions and worries etc (polar opposite of the experience I received with Mr Nathan at Transform, saw me for about 5 minutes after running 1.5 hours late, couldn’t wait to get me out of the door).

Mr Tillo said he would be able to carry out the procedure for me no problem, and I was quoted £4,900 for liposuction and gland removal both sides.

He showed me some before and afters of very similar cases to mine (I am a slim person with very puffy nipples) and the results he had looked perfect.  Reassured me that any costs for revisions due to complications etc would be covered.

Procedure itself is to be done at their Watford centre as a day case, so I can go home the very same day which was surprising and sounded great.  

Will probably be paying my deposit and booking in for surgery later this year in the coming days, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any previous experience with the Centre for Surgery, specifically a similar procedure at the Watford centre with Mr Tillo.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:51:39 AM by Deeceebee »

Offline Deeceebee

• Posting Member
Just a little update from the above….

After having my consultation with Mr Tillo at the Centre for Surgery in Watford, I booked in and had the procedure done a couple of weeks ago as a day case at their Watford centre by Mr Tillo.

Everything went absolutely fine on the day and I’m now 14 days post op and healing up nicely.  The Watford centre is really good, very comfortable and private.

I had lipo and gland removal on both sides, one side was a lot more prominent and required a lot more gland removed.  This was done via a very small incision on each nipple which was then stitched back up.

Had the procedure done under general, which was absolutely fine.  Felt some pushing and pulling but no excruciating pain or anything like that.  Whole thing took about 2.5 hours, and as I had it done under general, I was on my way home very shortly after the op had finished (driven by someone else).

Had to keep my bandages on over both areas and wear my compression band, only removing for bathing (but avoid getting the bandages soaked).  I did not require drains so didn’t have to have my follow up until 10 days later with the nurse for my wound check.  This was the first time I saw underneath the bandages, and I was amazed.  Completely flat, hardly any bruising left, stitches very neat and tidy.  What a feeling.  I suffered from very puffy nipples as you can see on my before photo and its completely all gone!

I can now keep the bandaging off, just continuing to wear the compression band until 6 weeks post op, so showering/bathing now is completely normal.

Pain in the first few days was more like an achey feeling, and after a few days had really subsided.  Back in to my second week back at work now (office job) and not even noticing.  

Aftercare so far has been exceptional from the Centre, I had a phone call every day from the nursing team in the week after my op to check how I was coping and if any concerns, now get a call every other day to check in on my progress.  Due to see Mr Tillo early January for a follow up and to see how it is after its settled down a bit.

Early days obviously, but so far I am so happy with how its turned out, and the difference between before and after is astonishing.  Been debating having this done for years, and it feels incredible to be on the other side.  My main stumbling block for years was the cost after trying the NHS route twice, but I honestly recommend doing everything to get it done.

I cannot recommend Mr Omar Tillo enough, and I am surprised he is not mentioned with the likes of Dr. Karidis and Mr Vijh on these boards.  If you are looking to get it done, I highly recommend adding Mr TIllo to your shortlist.  Complete professional, very nice guy and excellent surgeon from my experience.

Hope this can help some of you guys on these boards.

Offline KP

• Posting Member
Nice results! Sounds like you had a great team of health professionals. My doctor is highly rated and has been featured on articles/tv, but I feel like they didn't really show much care after the surgery. 
Nobody called to check up and lack of instructions.I also had the same procedure on Oct 30th. My procedure is going well but I am very tired of wearing the dam vest. Cant wait to take it off on week 6 in about 6 more days! I am more excited for Week 10 and hopefully the healing will speed up.
Its been no walk in the park though. The pain has been a nuisance, your lucky that you work in an office environment. I do security and walk a lot so the arm motions killed me.
Have a great recovery!

Offline Deeceebee

• Posting Member
Who did you have surgery with KP?
Sounds like you are nearly there! How were your results? Happy? 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024