Author Topic: Just had my Surgery done on 3/10/10  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member
After years of waiting I finally had the surgery done and Im so happy and thankfull :] I had alot of fat liposuctioned and If I remember correctly (Was still under general anes.) Had around 60 grams on breast tissue removed.  Had my post op appointment with my doctor today and told me that everything is good and healing fine but I was just wondering. How exactly does swelling go down naturally? Because I know this might sound gross but I can hear a sloshing sound when I press n my upper chest were the temp. compression chest isnt supporting.  Is that fluid build-up the actaul swelling or something else?

I'm 16 turning 17 in May if that helps, I know that since I'm younger I should heal a little faster (mainly the skin tightening)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Congratulations on your surgery -- hope the healing goes well.

Yes, the younger you are, the better your skin's elasticity and the better your skin will tighten.

As for the sound, my guess would be a tiny air bubble that may be trapped under the skin from the surgery itself.  It is harmless and the body will absorb it within a few days or less.

A warm welcome to "the other side."

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr. Jacobs, another quick question is it possible that some of the fluid that breaks down the fat to be liposuctioned couldnt have been removed completely?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No, that is called tumescent fluid -- a standard technique used by all surgeons.  It is totally absorbed by the body within about 24 hours or so after surgery -- it does not collect under the skin.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024