Author Topic: New to this whole thing...  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Okay, so I'm 51, married, and have started growing breasts. In fact, I can almost completely fill my wife's bra's (38D's). I don't really know how to process these uh, developments yet. I'm not trying to be funny, it's just that I feel kind of weird about it. I can't say that I mind them, other than I'm not looking forward to explaining them. I have found that wearing one of my wife's bra's around the house seems to feel better than I thought it would, although she doesn't know that yet. She does, however, know that I have them. They seem to have started when I began testosterone replacement therapy. Odd question, but: how big should I expect these things to get? How do you guys manage yours? Do you wear bra's to work or just around the house? Does wearing a bra make them more comfortable? Any information will help.

Thanks,

Anon

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
welcome to the site.  

the first task is figuring out how you feel about them yourself, you'll either choose to live with them, including by default by doing nothing, or you'll decide you want to get rid of them.  part of getting rid of them would involve checking into any hormonal situations that might have started them up.  Chances are they might get bigger and therefore harder to explain.  with a case like yours you might go for something more subtle like a sports bra or even a compression garment if you can fit into it and decide it will simplify the explaining by hiding it better.  the guys who do the bra thing usually do find it more comfortable for the same reason that women do.  so some can live with it and don't care, others, probably the majority, can't and do care, and it's a decision you'll make for yourself.  if you get an op or not, you will be your own best source of confidence and peace with yourself whichever way you choose to go.    
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:16:01 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply.

I wear compression socks for edema and doubt I could handle a compression type garment. I'll most likely try to find a way to live with them as surgery isn't financially a viable option. I drive for a living and am therefore constantly bouncing around. Also, the seat belt is constantly aggravating my right nipple as I bounce around. These are the main reasons I'm considering using a bra. The fact that they seem to feel better when I wear one (supported?) adds to the notion. I'm just wondering how many guys with this actually wear a bra all-day, every-day for support?

Thanks,

Anon

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm just wondering how many guys with this actually wear a bra all-day, every-day for support?

Probably not too many dude... Most guys with G have puffy areolas, or very small breast development that doesn't require full support.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
this is true, though for those with the severe cases it seems to be kind of a necessity.  i assume it's kind of tough to find one that hides them close as opposed to letting them be prominent like on women.  there may be guys with the serious cases that have suggestions.  

p.s.  did you see the garments board that discusses stuff like this on the site?  http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?board=30.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:55:54 AM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
i know people who wear the compression garment until they can have the surgery

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
this is true, though for those with the severe cases it seems to be kind of a necessity.  i assume it's kind of tough to find one that hides them close as opposed to letting them be prominent like on women.

A woman's sports bra maybe? It would provide support while not advertising the fact that you have m(o)(o)bs...  ;)

GB...

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Well, I've been reading quite a bit here. There seems to be a split between those who will have the surgery at whatever cost, and those who decide to live with this. Of those who decide to live with it a fair number (with larger breasts), also seem to decide that some kind of support is appropriate. Of course, some guys just can't go there because it's a "bra". Nevertheless, I'm at a point where some type of support may make a difference in terms of comfort. I'm not doing this because of some fetish, but due to practical concerns. A "sports bra" may be appropriate as it's less apt to attract unwanted attention.

In my case, my breast enlargement is a result of testosterone replacement therapy. I may be able to reverse this, but only by discontinuing the testosterone. One of the indicators of low testosterone is anger. I didn't know that until we began investigating my hormone levels. Since I was unable to understand why I could instantly become enraged (nor could my wife), over incredibly small issues, and the therapy has eliminated this, I have no desire to stop the testosterone. I'll live with the breasts no matter how big they get if that's the price and be happy to make the trade. Under the circumstances, having to wear a sports bra is a non-issue.

All that said, I had not known the issues that other men have to deal with every day until I began investigating my own gynecomastia. I've learned much through this process and am continuing to learn. Can anyone recommend a sports bra that's invisible, yet supportive for a 44b/c?

Offline littes

• Posting Member
To answer your question... I'm one of the guys wearing a bra all-day, every-day for support. I've developed significant breasts caused by hormone imbalances so, because I can't afford surgery, I've chosen to wear bras.
I prefer (expecially in summer) sport bras because they're quite discrete... I've several from nike and adidas quite comfortable.

Offline gotgyne

How is your wife's attitude on bras for men? If she is okay with it, you should wear a bra in my opinion, especially if you got such large breasts and surgery isn't an option, as you already wrote.
Due to serious venous problems I am wearing compression stockings too for a long time now. At first I looked upon them as a feminine item (at that time most of them were only available in color beige) but soon I noticed that a lot of men must wear them. So I changed my mind, regarded them as just a piece of clothing and got comfortable while wearing them. This helped a lot as the saleslady of the orthopedic shop suggested to try a bra.
I wear the Anita 5310 sports bra http://www.anita.com/assets/img/media/00462727001245854623.jpg

John

A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your replies.

Having enlisted my wife to assist me in finding a suitable bra, I have come to the conclusion that this is a highly individual endeavor. Everyone has a different shape and what works for one will not work for another. Thankfully, my wife is helping me narrow down my options due to her greater knowledge and experience in such matters.

Sports bras seem to be the preferred choice for many reasons. Since I have broad shoulders and a wide back, the sports bras I've tried had me feeling like I was putting on a girdle upside down. Way too tight going over my shoulders (tearing threads), and nearly impossible for me to get on or off alone. I'm not one to pay $50 or more for a bra, so I limit my choices significantly.

An inexpensive cotton bra seems to make the most sense, except for the conventional design. The adjustments on the straps are too easily seen from behind. Yet, the style fits be the best so far. So, the search continues for an appropriate bra. I've been wearing on all week to work and I must admit that I am far more comfortable with one than without.

Thanks for your continued help.

Anon

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
try one of the running tops i have mentioned . They are very comfortable & look so like a tight  t shirt you can wear it with nothing else over it.

I did take the time to look at a few as you suggested. All I could think of was looking like 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound sack.  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024