Author Topic: Can Marijuana&Adderall cause gynecomastia?  (Read 7501 times)

Offline Kuba182B

Hello. I had surgery for my gynecomastia 5 days ago. I am recovering now. The question is. Could my "man boobs" come back if I keep smoking marijuana? I really hated them. Couldn't go out in public a lot because you could see them through my shirt. Now I'm happy with the results, still a lot of swelling but the boobs are gone! I'm happy. I would really hate if they came back. I would probably get depressed. (I get depressed very easily) Also I take adderall for my ADHD disorder. Could adderall and the amphetamine in it cause gynecomastia too? I will do anything to prevent those boobs from growing. I could quit the adderalls but I take them only in school, they do work but if that could be the cause for gyno I will stop. What is the chance I will get gyno again from using marijuana & adderall?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:54:25 PM by Kuba182B »

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
Hello. I had surgery for my gynecomastia 5 days ago. I am recovering now. I do smoke pot daily but in low doeses. I mean I smoke like, I take 2-3 hits from my little smoking pipe. Not a lot. Okay. Now the question is. Could my "man boobs" come back if I keep smoking marijuana? I really hated them. Couldn't go out in public a lot because you could see them through my shirt. Now I'm happy with the results, still a lot of swelling but the boobs are gone! I'm happy. I would really hate if they came back. I would probably get depressed. (I get depressed very easily) Also I take adderall for my ADHD disorder. Could adderall and the amphetamine in it cause gynecomastia too? I will do anything to prevent those boobs from growing again but I don't really want to quit marijuana. I could quit the adderalls but I take them only in school, they do work but if that could be the cause for gyno I will stop. What is the chance I will get gyno again from using marijuana & adderall?

Marijuana will absolutely cause gynecomastia without a doubt. I have read this from multiple sources including from Dr.Bermant.  

Please google this: google: nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003165.htm

I will copy and paste the list of causes of possible causes of gynecomastia.

Causes: Cancer chemotherapy
Chronic liver disease
Exposure to anabolic steroid hormones
Exposure to estrogen hormone
Kidney failure and dialysis
Lack (deficiency) of testosterone (male hormone)
Marijuana use
Hormone treatment for prostate cancer
Radiation treatment of the testicles
Side effects of some medications (ketoconazole, spironolactone, metronidazole, cimetidine (Tagamet))

Also, as far as a legal note. It is dangerous to openly admit illegal activity on a public forum.

You risk arrest, imprisonment(even execution in certain countries such as Philippines, Brunei, Saudi Arabia and  China.)

You may not want to broadcast that type of incriminating information because you never know who is looking at these post. For all you know a DEA agent could be documenting everything you say.

I read a news article about an ebay seller trying to sell his Corvette and posted a link to a youtube video showing how fast his car could go. I think he was driving it over 195MPH on the youtube video and cops used it as evidence to arrest him based just on this online information.

Google: jalopnik.com/5716931/man-arrested-after-posting-195-mph-corvette-run-on-youtube

Offline Kuba182B

Thanks. I would like to see more opinions.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Hello. I had surgery for my gynecomastia 5 days ago. I am recovering now. I do smoke pot daily but in low doeses. I mean I smoke like, I take 2-3 hits from my little smoking pipe. Not a lot. Okay. Now the question is. Could my "man boobs" come back if I keep smoking marijuana? I really hated them. Couldn't go out in public a lot because you could see them through my shirt. Now I'm happy with the results, still a lot of swelling but the boobs are gone! I'm happy. I would really hate if they came back. I would probably get depressed. (I get depressed very easily) Also I take adderall for my ADHD disorder. Could adderall and the amphetamine in it cause gynecomastia too? I will do anything to prevent those boobs from growing again but I don't really want to quit marijuana. I could quit the adderalls but I take them only in school, they do work but if that could be the cause for gyno I will stop. What is the chance I will get gyno again from using marijuana & adderall?

Marijuana will absolutely cause gynecomastia without a doubt. I have read this from multiple sources including from Dr.Bermant.  

Please google this: google: nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003165.htm

I will copy and paste the list of causes of possible causes of gynecomastia.

Causes: Cancer chemotherapy
Chronic liver disease
Exposure to anabolic steroid hormones
Exposure to estrogen hormone
Kidney failure and dialysis
Lack (deficiency) of testosterone (male hormone)
Marijuana use
Hormone treatment for prostate cancer
Radiation treatment of the testicles
Side effects of some medications (ketoconazole, spironolactone, metronidazole, cimetidine (Tagamet))

Also, as far as a legal note. It is dangerous to openly admit illegal activity on a public forum.

You risk arrest, imprisonment(even execution in certain countries such as Philippines, Brunei, Saudi Arabia and  China.)

You may not want to broadcast that type of incriminating information because you never know who is looking at these post. For all you know a DEA agent could be documenting everything you say.

I read a news article about an ebay seller trying to sell his Corvette and posted a link to a youtube video showing how fast his car could go. I think he was driving it over 195MPH on the youtube video and cops used it as evidence to arrest him based just on this online information.

Google: jalopnik.com/5716931/man-arrested-after-posting-195-mph-corvette-run-on-youtube

I kinda depends on where OP lives on where the law stands.^^^

Getting caught with a decent amount of weed cost me a £30 fine.

If marijuana absolutely caused gyne then almost all my friends from my younger years would have it, only one person seemed to have a mild case at one point......but thats out of many people.

In my experience marijuana actually causes some degree of depression or even severe depression, so if you get depressed easily its probably best to stop smoking for that reason alone. Even a break of a few days drops anxiety & raises mood...as does decent exercise like running....

The combination of amphetamine & weed is even more nerve jangling (I know because I was addicted to speed for many years) so even more likely to lead to depression & anxiety.

I think its too early to be thinking about getting back on the weed.....you only had surgery a few days ago !

With regard to the adderall I would consult a doctor  before stopping any prescribed meds....certainly dont stop suddenly.

Keep a good head on & recover properly - its important for your own peace of mind in the future that you followed everything properly.

I stress over having a beer 2.5 months post op.....gotta be careful & keep a lid on it sometimes.

GL.

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member

Its like radiation and cancer. Just because every person exposed to radiation does not develop cancer, there is still a link between radiation and cancer.

I have read post in here by Dr. Bermant and he has seen a pretty cause and effect relationship between the two.

Other illegal drugs such as steroid cause gynecomastia however you don't see every guy who takes steroid developing gynecomastia.

Offline M233V

• Posting Member
I'm about to have surgery and already stopped smoking pot a while ago, but this summer I'm planning to smoke some weed every now and then. My experience is that my glands remained the same size, or even shrunk a little after I started smoking pot, once or two times a month. I think that only extremely frequent use can lead to gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024