Author Topic: Causes- trauma?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline shiftend

• Posting Member
I got my gyne when I was 18, it followed a very big climbing accident in which I bounced down the mountain side, passing out in the process, and then woke up at the bottom cut all over with numerous broken bones and a semi collapsed lung. I then spent five days in hospital. I know its not possible to say for sure, but do you think the onset of my gyne could be linked to this incident? Im just interested. Thanks.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I doubt your fall is related, unless you gained a lot of weight during your recovery!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are many drugs that have Gynecomastia as a potential side effect. If your recovery took a long time, and some drugs were taken over an extended time then there is a remote possibility of a relationship. Usually the desired effects of the drugs involved outweigh the potential risk of undesired side effects so I'd be slow to try and affix any "Blame."

I think it would be rare for a young man to realize day by day that his breasts were getting larger. It would be much more believable that you suddenly realized that the condition existed though it had actually been there unnoticed for some time.

With that last thought in mind, it might be reasonable to suspect that as you took inventory of yourself after healing, you became aware of a condition that had actually existed unnoticed for several years.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024