Author Topic: lost motivation  (Read 2728 times)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
hello,
. have thought about gyne surgery for last 2 years. in fact 2 years back was very keen to get surgery..but due to some reasons, didn't go for it. I hardly expose my chest whether I am indoor or outdoor
in the last 2 years didn't come across any situation where I have to remove my shirt.. in fact wouldn't want to ever do that..
  am busy with day-to-day life now-a-days..I have started forgetting gyne ..
i am 31 now. i have mild gyne..
Am unable to motivate myself to go for surgery..  am not sure if it is because of age..
what should I do?
Should I just forget this gyne? or should I force myself to get surgery?
pl advice

Offline nitro1437

• Posting Member
 :) yes bro is you could just forget about gyne and lift the obsession away then hell yah man. you passed lifes hardest test it seems.. i wish i could forget about it but since i work out and im reminded 10 times a day cuz i dont wear my shirt indoors i have to always think about it. but congradulations to you man.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
wantnewlife, I don't think it's a case of you losing motivation here.  I think life is simply carrying you along and giving you reasons to refrain from getting surgery, which is just fine.  Think about it, it's great that at least you are LIVING your life and getting along.  A lot of the other obsessive guys that come around here complain about not even being able to get out.  Which is just crap!

But remember, if your gyne is something that really bothers you, surgery is always an option.  You're older, and you may not be a good candidate in 10 years.  The option is still on the table if you really want to take it.  But I think if you're getting along OK now, does the problem really matter that much?

You haven't lost motivation.  The decision is still yours and you control your body.  No one here can decide anything for you because it's all up to you.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Where you are in your life makes a lot of difference.

My teenage and early adult years were cruel times. I thought about surgery then, but the surgical methods of that time were quite crude compared with today and the result not always very good. By the time the surgical methods were refined somewhat I was nearing the age of 50 and had different priorities.

Perhaps I should have said that by the time modern surgical methods came to the fore I had 8 children and my personal issues had been relegated to a lower priority.

Whichever is the truth does not really matter now that I am in my seventies. The important thing to realize is that having surgery is something that you will do for yourself and the longer it is delayed the less likely it is to ever happen.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:39:40 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think lost motivation is a natural effect of the depression gyne dumps on you.  you just have to keep at it even if your progress is slow.  it's like the old saying, if you fall a thousand times, just get up a thousand and one. 

of course falling a thousand times sucks.  my approach is to set savings goals.  i'm not getting there fast, but i'm ahead of where i used to be.  crawling is still better than standing still.  try a goal or two, make them doable, and if they take twice as long, you're still in motion. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
Thank all of you for your advice.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024