Author Topic: post surgery--puffyness returning  (Read 2015 times)

Offline ConeyNips

• Posting Member
I have noticed a great improvement in my chest once the doc removed (as he described it) 2 "powerball" size growths of gland from behind my aerola. im now about 25 days post op and there is definetely some "puff" coming back into my nipples, especially the one i've really been massaging.  I was wearing the ace bandage for 2 weeks and he told me it was safe to take it off and to massage it for the next 2 weeks.  it is not near as flat as right after the op this has started about 1 week ago.  I know its a healing process but know other people on here have had this problem.
Drawing from your own experiences/knowledge, what is the cause of this puffed look to return?  

is it likely to be scar tissue and temporary?

If i wear the ace bandage again is that actually going to help me permanently or would that simply be a delay?.

since the gland was excised and lipo'd what could be causing this??

Im starting to get very dissapointed...Thanks for all input

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
funny you should metion that, I am 4 weeks post op, and while my chest looks absolutely perfect(compared to before) my nipples arent completely flat like right after my op.
so i spoke with my P.S. and he told me wearing my vest is actually squeezing alittle swelling out of my chest.

and my nipples will puff out alittle,As the healing process goes forward, this will eventually go away, but it takes months.  You can help it along by massaging the area.

so i wouldnt(i should say i'm in no worry) it's to be expected.
hope this relieves your anxieties somewhat

good luck
             Rob
1 year post op, it's going to be a good summer

Offline ConeyNips

• Posting Member
cool. appreciate the info fellas

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Coney, I had the same problem, hence my screen name.

My nips were flat after the op, but then they puffed up to about 75% of what they were pre-op. I thought it was scar tissue, but then once the scar tissue dissipated the puffiness remained, as it does to this day a year and a half later.

It's a pain in the neck, I know. Puffy nips seems to be hard to fix.

Offline ConeyNips

• Posting Member
stillgotit,
that sucks man.  does your ps give you a reason as to why this has happened?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024