Author Topic: POST OP PUFFYNESS  (Read 3392 times)

Offline tittyman111

• Bronze Member
Its been about 15 Days. My cuts are almost gone. I would think the puffyness would of receeded by now. How long should you wait for results from very mild gyne surgery? (tissue removal, not gland) They looked amazing 1-5 hours after surgery, and have not once gotten to look the same since unless my nipples get hard.
Thanks

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Its been about 15 Days. My cuts are almost gone. I would think the puffyness would of receeded by now. How long should you wait for results from very mild gyne surgery? (tissue removal, not gland) They looked amazing 1-5 hours after surgery, and have not once gotten to look the same since unless my nipples get hard.
Thanks

Im in the exact same situation, 15 days post op, and mine looked great the first few days...now they only look good as soon as I take off the compression vest and a few mins later they puff out  ::)
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline riley77

• Posting Member
I'm 6 weeks PO and notice alot more swelling...or something that puffed me up again.  I wore the vest religiously too.  Its flatter than before but i can feel fat remaining or maybe its fluids..scar tissue??? Don't know but i may need to get revision lipo to really get the look i wanted.  

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
I'm 6 weeks PO and notice alot more swelling...or something that puffed me up again.  I wore the vest religiously too.  Its flatter than before but i can feel fat remaining or maybe its fluids..scar tissue??? Don't know but i may need to get revision lipo to really get the look i wanted.  

Does your chest look perfect at some times, than at other times more puffy? If it stays puffy always, than u might need a revision.

Offline tittyman111

• Bronze Member
They look good when they get hard from being cold or something, but then again...they looked good from being cold even before i got surgery. im startin to worry. but they still are a lil tender so maybe its still swelling

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member
I'm 8 days post-op and they were almost too flat after surgery...haha...now they're puffing a little, but not as bad as pre-surgery.  It's definitely not it coming back.  I'm 98% sure its from swelling because the surgeon sucked out 200cc's from each side and completely removed both glands  ;D

I wouldn't be too worried about it, as the tenderness/tightness/swelling subsides this should too...as someone said before, the results become most apparent after 6 weeks of healing...

Offline seadyman

• Posting Member
i had my surgery about to weeks ago. i know what you mean about the puffy thing cuse im going through the same thing. my left nipple looks perfect while my right one is defenitly puffing out. when i spoke to the surgeon he said it was normal and thatit will recede but i think hewas just telling me that to make me feel better. im still weraring this dang compression vest and it sucks especially since i live in houston and the heat mixed with the humidity is the worst. the only time my nipples are the same is when its cold or they r hard. my chest looks great though  :) and i cant wait to start working out and excising again.

Offline riley77

• Posting Member

Does your chest look perfect at some times, than at other times more puffy? If it stays puffy always, than u might need a revision.

My nipples are pretty good...left one has some small scar buildup...right one is flat and looking good.  Both aren't puffy...and both lay flat when arms are above my head.  ITs more of a general "largeness" of my middle chest/sternum area.  Funny...my right side was the worst side though, and my left the smaller side...but the left seems to look a tad bigger.  They took out 300cc each side lipo, and gland both sides, but right side gland was bigger.  I'm not going to stress, i think with time the swelling will reside more and more.  I have a musclular chest from years of off and on working out, so i think my natural chest is quite large (maybe overdeveloped for my frame anyways).  But I'm still going to wear the vest in the evenings/night for another 4 weeks (2 months total).  I just think that with that much tissue removed, maybe there is alot of scar tissue and/or buildup of old fluid that needs time to resolve.  I saw it right after the surgery and it was pretty flat but not totally, and i think she lipo'd most everywhere i wanted...we'll see!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 03:13:34 PM by riley77 »

Offline omahaguy1234

• Posting Member
I hope you're all right about this "puffyness" going down.  I am 9 days PO and my left side is absolutly amazing, but on my right side there is definite visibility of something (remaining fat, scar tissue, fluid, something...).  I am right handed and maybe that side is naturally more muscular, but I'm not sure.  I can't really tell if it's puffy, or swollen, but as I sit without the vest and let 30 min to an hour pass, i look down and get the feeling that yes it's flatter than pre-op, but dang, i paid all this $$ for only that much improvement?  

plus...the two sides are now asymmetrical

!!!QUESTION!!!   if there is obvious asymmetry, does the PS have to correct it? (i'll post that seperately also)

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member
I hope you're all right about this "puffyness" going down.  I am 9 days PO and my left side is absolutly amazing, but on my right side there is definite visibility of something (remaining fat, scar tissue, fluid, something...).  I am right handed and maybe that side is naturally more muscular, but I'm not sure.  I can't really tell if it's puffy, or swollen, but as I sit without the vest and let 30 min to an hour pass, i look down and get the feeling that yes it's flatter than pre-op, but dang, i paid all this $$ for only that much improvement?  

plus...the two sides are now asymmetrical

!!!QUESTION!!!   if there is obvious asymmetry, does the PS have to correct it? (i'll post that seperately also)

you're cracking me up...you have to be more patient unfortunately...as I was researching this operation I've read atleast a dozen times that your results probably won't be fully visible for over 6 weeks!...give it some time and relax, you're nipple area went through a hell of a beating so its swollen up- the body will slowly filter all that out...don't be concerned for atleast a couple months

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
WHO WAS YOUR DOCTOR ?

Offline omahaguy1234

• Posting Member
give it time...thats about the best advice so far.  we've all had this forever and expect everything to be great right away, but you're right, ill give it time, we all should.  and i just hope you're right, b/c 6 weeks puts me right at 4th of july with all the family!!!

ddaavviidd, who are you asking about their doc?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024