Author Topic: 1 YEAR Post-Surgery by Mr Levick on 16-01-2014 : (98 photos)  (Read 39576 times)

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
OK - so round of applause for me for hitting the magic £1,000 mark please!

;D  ;D  ;D

Just 4 more to go then! (Or 3 and a bit at least!)

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Well done mate, keep at it! If it's something you really want you'll get there in the end.

May I suggest something also? I'm not sure if you would do this kind of thing, and it depends if you can get one and if you can make sure you pay it off in time, but I'd get a credit card with 2 years no interest which basically means you'd have 2 years to pay off any outstanding balance on it over the 2 years. You'd normally get £2000 limit, so put half of it on there and your sorted.

I think Barclays are doing a 24 month no interest credit card atm. Obviously not sure on your financial situations or how old you are etc if you are able to get a credit card due to credit history etc?

But yea? It's something you might want to consider when you get to the £2500 mark then you can get it done sooner rather than later and then pay off the other £2000 over the next 2 years.

Just one option like I say, not for everyone, and you have to be a sensible person with money to make sure you actually pay off the credit card.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Nvm, I just read some of your previous comments about bad credit due to some bad times that you have had over the years. So looks like you've already explored the credit card option.

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
You're doing well, keep it up. I really wish I could help you out. I think everyone is backing you and looking forward to eventually seeing your post op results. It will happen!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Thanks guys...

Yes, unfortunately credit is out if the question, but it is quite satisfying gradually collecting crisp £50 notes in an old envelope! - and at least when I finally raise it, its all done; no worrying about how to pay for it afterwards. Although to be honest if I had a credit card I'd just max it out booking surgery like yesterday!!

Meanwhile everyone else's journeys keep me inspired  :)

Offline Damn_those_mams

• Posting Member
Well done Donut. It's no real difference to £999 or £1001 if you think about it, but there's something magical about hitting a set figure.
I'll be the same when I start making inroads to my surgery fund, and I'll also do similar when I hit 20st, 19st, 18st and beyond :-)
Keep going in the right direction and you'll get there sooner than you think.
300 lbs >>> 283 lbs = 17 lbs :-)

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Thanks!

Yes weight loss is the same... I'm dieting a bit too, down from 13.5 to 12.5 stone in about 6 weeks  :)  Next target is to get body fat % below 20 - I've gone from 24.5% to 21.5% in same time period. Hoping to find my 6-pack eventually!!  I did manage to find 4 of them about 10 years ago, then had a bad accident and priorities changed for a bit and things slipped to my seemingly 'normal' 2-3 stone over-ideal-weight I've been for most of my adult life.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Bravo lad! Well done. I have nothing but respect for you saving the money for something you really, really desire.

Stay positive. We're all here for you mate. This is a life changing path, it doesn't have to be walked down immediately.

Knowing you've paid it off after surgery is just another worry you don't have to live with.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Yay! another £100 in the pot, another half a stone lost, BF hovering just over 19% - all is going unusually well at the moment  ;D

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
So that's pretty much 25% funded I've just realised... If I can get up early enough tomorrow I might do a car boot tmrw - seem to have accumulated a few boxes of crap again!

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Well done Donut! Keep going son. This is going to be one of the most impressive stories on this forum by the time you're done!

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I look forward to the day when you've raised all the cash, good job on the weight loss too!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Thanks chaps... Another £50 raised from selling some junk this morning :)

Aiming to get the body fat down nice and low so don't need too much lipo when my turn comes!

Offline Damn_those_mams

• Posting Member
Well done Donut, good work. You'll be there before you know it

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Just stuffed another £100 in the piggy bank  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024