Author Topic: What to expect?  (Read 10606 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I wonder if anyone on this board has offered to take somebody home after surgery if they didn't want anyone else to know, kind of a support group instead of a nurse or somebody's mom.

I know I sure could have used a buddy system to take me home from the hospital because I lied to the admin and gave just anybody's phone number saying that I would call myself after the procedure.  Luckily, no one insisted or argued, and I went home in a taxi alone.  I live a few blocks from the hospital.

Is there a buddy system of any kind?

Yes. I offered once to take a Gyne.org member to the hospital and then take him back to his hotel. I also offered to pick a member up from the hospital and give him a ride home. Both declined.

When was your surgery Broh?

For anyone who needs a ride to or from ( or both ) St. Josephs, it would be my pleasure to help out.

John.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 03:18:00 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
I had my surgery last August.  

Hoping things go well in recovery so I don't need to go back again.

Its good people support one another but I think guys are too embarassed to admit they have this, I know I was and still feel very insecure about the whole situation.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
I had my surgery last August.  

Hoping things go well in recovery so I don't need to go back again.

Its good people support one another but I think guys are too embarassed to admit they have this, I know I was and still feel very insecure about the whole situation.

ya i know what you mean, there's a lot of helpful people on here, i belong to a volkswagen board, we meet up for beers sometimes and talk cars..

can't exactly meet up with anyone here for a beer so we can talk about gyne...shame tho, cause there's a lot of people i would like to thank cause i wouldn't be getting the surgery otherwise, but a Gyne meet would be too weird and awkward...

anybody seen that commercial with the guys in the diner with the dodge pickup trucks talking about how they like putting on bras..the waitress thinks real bras (not bras for their trucks) and gives them that look...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 02:14:49 PM by toronto »

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
Well, I have been with this for so long that I am afraid to get all emotional if we start joking and talking and having beers, then realize how burdensome it all was and then start choking with huge sobs.

Now THAT would be wierdified.

Ok, that's a little extreme, but you know what I mean.

But anyone responsible enough and mature enough who are there for the post op process would be a huge relief, I think, to find somebody who had lived through the same thing.

Buddies for life, hey?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024