Author Topic: Almost 24hrs post op  (Read 2966 times)

Offline lookinup

• Posting Member
We'll hello to all!! this site is great!!  As I said I'm almost 24hrs post op and wanted to add my experience with everyone. One more "hopefully successful" story can't hurt. My surgery was done by Dr. Pensler out of Chicago. I wasn't the funnest thing I've ever gone through but at 30 years old I've lived with this long enough! The procedure was quick and discreet with only the doc and one nurse right there in their interoffice surgical sweet. Being under just conscious sedation was quit a trip but will be well worth it. I'm not worrying yet as I still look the same because of fluid retention and swelling so can't judge just yet but I will keep you all updated. They took 2 liters of fat and glandular tissue from my chest. If anyone wants anymore details about Dr. Penslers practice just ask. Oh did I say this site is great!!!!!!!!!!!  Its wonderful to have a "support group" to come to for answers,questions,advise,or just emotional support.   Thanks to everyone and the operators of this board.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:06:00 AM by lookinup »
Gyno surgery 26-JUNE-09

Offline lookinup

• Posting Member
Well at 4 days post op I'm thinking "was this really what I wanted to do"? the pain is not bad after a day or two but there are times when its very bad, like if I strain my peck muscle for something!!!!  My chest is still very swollen and fluid filled. Like the other post, very sunk in around the nipple surrounded by fatty like donut. The doc said they took out 2 liters of fat and gland so hopefully its all just swelling and fluid. I'm still thinking positive about the outcome for now. One thing I do know is if your over weight to begin with the stage 1 garment is not the most comfortable thing I've ever worn that's for sure! Its all a small price to pay though for a NEW LIFE.  Does anyone know do most doc's put you in a stage 2 vest after a couple months in the stage 1? More to come as I progress.

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
How are things looking now?  Have you had a follow up with Dr. Pensler yet?

Offline lookinup

• Posting Member
No follow up yet. We been staying in touch via phone. I live about 2 1/2 hours away so were waiting a little longer for face to face. Hey wants digital pics towards the end of the week or beginning of next.  I had a lot of fluid build up so I drew off about 150ml of fluid per side myself and now it feels better and looks better.

Offline lookinup

• Posting Member
Well today was wonderfull. Just talked to my insurance Carrier and they said they would not cover my surgery. They want to spend and additional 5,000 on stupid tests before they would pay the 5,000 dollar bill.  How dumb pay 10,000 when they could have just payed 5,000. Insurance companies are such assholes when it comes to this!!!!!!!!!!!!! When are they gonna finally accept gyn as a real problem??????????? It just isn't even worth fighting with them. :'( :'( :'( :'(    But I don't care because its a small price to pay to change my life.

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
Congrats mate, you should post some pics when the swelling goes down!
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

Offline lookinup

• Posting Member
Well its been about 6 weeks and still don't look that good. I'm a little smaller but it looks and feels like the tissue and gland was removed and replaced with hard lumpy curds. Would this be blood clots or scare tissue? How long should this take to go down. They felt like water ballons at first until the fluid was drawn off. I still ware the vest 24/7

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024