Author Topic: no drains for surgery?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
Guys, The Plastic surgeon i consulted says that he does not use "drains", he uses different technique. He does day care surgery, i.e come in the morning get the surgery done and leave in the evening.
He says that the scars will heal in one week and the compresson vest should be worn for only one week.
He also says the my Estradiol level 48(normal range 0-54),  is fine and no need to consult endocrinologist.(my Testerone and Prolactin levels are well  within normal, only Estradiol is a concern)
He was aggressive in his answers. what should i do? should i go ahead of my surgery?

Offline oldgynodude

• Posting Member
I guess drains depend on the individual (amount to be removed, etc.) and how the surgery progresses. I had both excision and UAL lipo, and didn't need drains. Just because you have one or both procedures done doesn't necessarily mean you will need a drain. Not having to have drains was a plus in my opinion, lot less mess and worry.

Offline exonym

• Posting Member
I had a excision of glandular tissue and lipo, and no drains were used. However,  at one of my follow up visits he did pull out two needles full of blood from my right breast.

Going without drains wasn't a problem.
Liposuction and Excision of fat and glandular tissue
Performed by Dr. Ned Snyder in Austin, Texas
June 8, 2006
23 Years old

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024