Author Topic: Almost 4 months post op... Back to puffy  (Read 6666 times)

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
No improvement so far. feeling down about it. Sad times. Guess I will wait til my next appointment to see what the doc says..

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
keep updating crea!

hoping for the best

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Hey all!

So, unfortunetly I still haven't seen any improvement since the kenalog injections. I've been poking around these forums a bit lately and I've noticed that a good amount of people are/were in my same boat. The narrative is always the same it seems...Have minor puffy nipples, get surgery with a very good/highly recommended surgeon, post op for about month everything looks too good to be true and everything is flat, then in the next 2-5 months they puff back out to just as bad pre op or even worse, while everyone you talk to/even your surgeon says its just scar tissue and will go away. I'm currently at 5 months post op and experiencing the puffiness. I'm not an expert but 5 months seems like adequate time to have a better contour. I know scar tissue is said to affect it but Im really thinking it's gland now. After doing some research on this forum, here's where I've noticed it going either two ways.

1. The person ended up having "left over" glad tissue, leading to a revision by their original doc or another one (since they were unhappy about the first results). Usually after the revision, posting on these forums stop or fizzle out.

2. The person who was posting about the puffiness returning, just "dissapeared " from these forums so to speak. No updates, no posts, no nothing. My conclusion here is the persons problem either resolved in the next months or they gave up on trying to fix their puffy problem. (My guess is the first one)

Anyways, i made this post to see how true my findings were to other posters. I want to figure out if my little research is actually correct. I have pm'd a bunch of old users who had posted a mirror imaged situation to mine and then suddenly dissapeared after the two situations I described. Nothing from anyone so far.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Docs or people who've gone through this, what do you think? Am I over thinking or does this seem like a pretty accurate assessment?

Also, about my situation. I have another doc appointment for a checkup and most likely more kenalog coming up March 3rd. Praying that this "magic" kenalog stuff actually does something this time.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If scar tissue is the problem, then kenalog is the answer.  There is no human scar tissue which is resistant to adequate treatment with kenalog.

The point is that just as expertise in gyne surgery is required for a good result, there is expertise required in the injection of kenalog -- EXPERIENCE COUNTS!  The choice of kenalog strength, dose, injection technique, etc all are required for an adequate response to kenalog.

Be patient and speak to your surgeon about this.  If it helps, I would be more than happy to share some injection "pearls" with your surgeon -- but he has to be willing to consult with me. 

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Thanks doc. I've only had one round of kenalog so I am def interested to see how the next round goes. So dr Jacobs, 5 months is still a viable time to have scar tissue that is puffing my nipples back out? Is this pretty common?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, it is common.

Bear in mind, treatment for scar tissue with kenalog can be done at any time that scar tissue is evident -- but as a rule, I generally wait at least 3-4 months before beginning treatment.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Update: 3/2/15

So I just got back from my latest doc appointment. Doc said everything was looking solid and improving. My left sides scar was more red last time I saw him and since it's gotten much better.  I got the 2nd round of kenalog injections. The 1st round imo maybe helped the puffiness about 10% but there is still a bit of puffiness on my right side, and very little on my left but still enough to bother me.

Hoping this next round will help immensely. My next appointment is in June so we will see how things go until then. I'll keep updating this page with my progress and I'll be posting pics soon too to help document.

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Update: 4/10/15

Hey guys. So I thought I'd do a short update since I haven't in a while. Sadly, I haven't really seen any improvement with the scar tissue issue. In fact I might even go as far to say that they have gotten a bit worse than they we're. Like not as puffy pre surgery, but definitely noticeable through shirts and just bothersome for me. I think at this point I am slowly starting to think its left over gland since its been almost 7 months since surgery.

Can anyone confirm that it could still be scar tissue and that these injections will do anything? Like has anyone had this issue and had to wait a lot more months than 7? Also I will try and post some pictures soon so you can see the comparison to pre surgery and the couple days after.

Offline ev426

• Posting Member
Any updates on your situation Crea?

Offline Dime4dice

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024