Author Topic: vaser liposuction  (Read 2150 times)

belfastmale

I have been reading a lot lately about vaser liposuction. Anyone had it done and how does it compare to normal liposuction.
I know that it wont do anything for gland removal but what if the gyno was all fat. Im just interested to hear if anyone has had it done. Yes you can find lots of pictures and testimonials from people on various websites, but you know the internet does hype things up sometimes.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In spite of the word or words used in front of Liposuction, it is all liposuction. Some variants are better than others and in some cases it is just a word game.

There seems to be a higher than average level of dissatisfaction post operatively when a limited procedure (such as Lipo only) is planned from the outset.

The best idea is to leave the options open for the surgeon to tailor the procedure to fit the conditions found as the procedure progresses.

It would be rare for either fat or gland to exist without the other, usually both are present.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Vaser is a pulsed ultra-sonic liposuction.  It can work well on fat (so do lots of other methods) but it has no effect on breast tissue.  IMHO, it does not work any better than many other methods of doing liposuction.  If gland has to be excised, vaser won't do it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

belfastmale

I HAD GLAND EXCISION AND LIPOSUCTION 1 YEAR AGO. MY SURGEON TOLD ME THAT ALL THE GLAND WAS REMOVED, MY PROBLEM IS HE DID NOT DO ENOUGH LIPO, STILL HAVE A SMALL BIT OF FAT LEFT WHICH IS BOTHERING ME

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024