Author Topic: Low Testosterone- High FSH  (Read 7527 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Well, I just got my endo lab results today. Low T and high FSH and the doctor suspects early testicular failure. This concerns me cause when I finally get this surgery, I don't want the gyne to return.

Sure would appreciate any feedback about these labs and how they might relate to the chances of recurrence.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
get all the gland taken out

Offline Hypo-is-here

You need more than just testosterone tested.

You need SHBG, Prolactin and estradiol tested as well.

With low testosterone you will NEED to go on to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).

TRT can improve the quality of your life, it can help prevent you becoming fat, increase muscle mass, prevent you from being statistically more at risk from diabetes, osteoporosis, stroke, cardio vascular disease etc etc.

BUT!!

TRT is not easy and often TRT results in higher estradiol levels which can result in increased gynecomastia if you do not get good treatment from a very competant endocrinologist. 

Having had gynecomastia once already it will be key to get you on treatment that minimizes increases in estradiol...but you will need someon apt enough to keep an close eye on estradiol levels who is willing to lower it where appropriate or if needed via arimidex or such like....VERY important.

Now given this shift in endocrine balance with TRT, getting surgery to existing gynecomastia is a bad idea.  You want to get on TRT, see where it goes and get things right and then go for surgery when you can ensure hormones are correct.

You could look at gynecomastia reducing vests in the meantime.  They have helped a lot of people and I am sure people could direct you to them.

The reason this is the best way to go about things is because you would not want surgery, correction of hormones and then get more gynecomastia post surgery due to the shift in endocrine balance.

I want you to register with this site and talk to fellow men with low testosterone;

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2/

Ask these guys if they agree with me, don't take my word for anything on its own.

Once registered here you can gain the benefit of a lot of people who have been where you are, avoid blind alleys and bad treatment etc...

PM if you wish further help that you think I might be able to offer....only a mail away.

My very best to you!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024