Author Topic: Wingman's Surgery w/Levick, Pictures Pre, Post and Of Surgery - One year later  (Read 43158 times)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Dr Levick took pictures of my chest and the gland he had removed whilst I was under GA, so I've seen my chest, albeit on a picture. Because the surgery was so fresh, my chest looked amazing! Perfectly flat, loved seeing it!

It does feel that everything I do now doesn't have to be guided or overridden by the dreaded gyne. I'll be updated here periodically and checking on everyone else! It seems loads of us have had it done very recently and it's great we can all be in contact.

Just wish I had something to do at home other than watch TV!

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I haven't watched any tv man, plenty of movies though.  Got my fibre optic in recently so the novelty is still there.  I was stir crazy for the first two days too, just got early nights but up with the larks but just glad it was another day of healing done.  Then after 3 days was out for walks.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I've been moving around a fair bit, walking around the house but not been out properly yet.

I've watched three films, loads of tele and plenty of internets. Wish I had something else to keep me occupied though. I've got a project to be submitted by Thursday so I will be working on that this weekend and early next week.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Dad got me a mag for when I came out of the hospital. Not sure if ironic or coincidence...

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Well, that should keep you amused, for like 7 minutes ;)  Think when you get more range of motion back you'll feel less of a spare part.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Day 4 Post Op

Really starting to feel much better in myself but still limited mobility wise. I've been out of the house plenty enough and gone on small walks. Nothing too stressful.

I'm finding sleeping on my back a chore, I really dislike that way of sleeping. Just a personal inconvenience.

Can anyone advise me what to do about the plasters over the incisions? The nurse told me to keep these on for a week as well, but they're killing my armpits and restricting a lot of movement. Thoughts?

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
I removed mine after 5 days and the incisions were healed over.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I was lucky with mine, I re applied them after my first shower post op then they did pretty well, I still had faint red marks on the area for a few days after removing them.  They itched like crazy sometimes but I didn't want to fanny on too much so just left them as they were and removed one pit one after six days then the rest on the seventh. 

Restricting your movement?  Mine weren't the most comfortable but they didn't impede me in any way really.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
I'm guessing they are stuck to the armpit hair if they're restricting movement. If so, the nurse should have given you two replacement plasters? Grab a pair of scissors, ideally get someone to help you. Cut away the plaster from the hair whilst removing them and if it's not totally healed, then reapply the new ones, preferably after shaving some more of the pit hair!

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I'm guessing they are stuck to the armpit hair if they're restricting movement. If so, the nurse should have given you two replacement plasters? Grab a pair of scissors, ideally get someone to help you. Cut away the plaster from the hair whilst removing them and if it's not totally healed, then reapply the new ones, preferably after shaving some more of the pit hair!

Spot on there. I wish I had have completely shaved my arm pit hair pre-op. I wasn't given any extra plasters but I think I'll be safe to take them off, and if need be, go out and buy some more.

It's surprising how much they do restrict!

Cheers both.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Ahh, I'm not that hirsute so maybe I got away with all that :)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Day 5 Post Op

Plasters came off yesterday, took around five minutes on each arm, they were really well stuck down! I am feeling much better in myself today, and I managed to sleep for eight hours last night. I've woken up feeling more mobile and active than ever since the op.

I'm continuing to take ibuprofen, paracetamol and the antibiotics as prescribed. The thing is, I'm not sure I will need the paracetamol and ibuprofen after today? Can anyone advise their experience with the meds?

Tomorrow is the day it all happens though - the bandages are coming off! Two days prior to Dr Levick's advice, however. I am returning to work Thursday so it would be difficult for me to hide them. 

I will post pictures tomorrow accordingly.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Can't wait to see mate, gonna be a good pick me up for you to take them off and see your new flat chest!  Regarding meds...I only took them for about 4 days really then the odd couple for the next two or three days if it was throbbing after walks etc.   Apart from the irregular uncontrollable urinating, my bowels came back to life pretty quick no need for laxatives or anything of that ilk, just good eating.

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
Hey Buddy,

How's it all going? Can't wait to compare our results.

I might take my bandages off today too, they are really irritating me now.

Have your incision wounds healed properly? Had to go to see the nurse yesterday to get mine redressed as one of them does not seem to want to heal.

Looking forward to your pictures

Ollie

#wardbuddys

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Can't wait to see mate, gonna be a good pick me up for you to take them off and see your new flat chest!  Regarding meds...I only took them for about 4 days really then the odd couple for the next two or three days if it was throbbing after walks etc.   Apart from the irregular uncontrollable urinating, my bowels came back to life pretty quick no need for laxatives or anything of that ilk, just good eating.

I have a condition with my bowels and it's very easy to upset them, and apparently the antibiotics can cause diarrhea and the paracetamol can cause constipation. Lovely stuff, all considered. I'm finished with the ibuprofen now, just going to finish the course of antibiotics and take paracetamol where necessary.

Hey Buddy,

How's it all going? Can't wait to compare our results.

I might take my bandages off today too, they are really irritating me now.

Have your incision wounds healed properly? Had to go to see the nurse yesterday to get mine redressed as one of them does not seem to want to heal.

Looking forward to your pictures

Ollie

#wardbuddys

Hey! Long time no speak, how are you holding up? I take it you went to your GP to get it checked out? I've taken my bandages off now. Day 6 Post Op, they just had to go. I was itching like mad last night, and today discovered that I'd scratched myself. They've also given me a bit of a rash, which doesn't show up well in the photos at all.

My incisions have been fine, I took them off two days ago, when did you remove yours? Was it the same side you originally had issues with the blood drains?

Hope you're keeping well buddy. Get some pictures up asap, I cannot wait to see yours. #wardbuddys #nightstaffwatch

P.S How's your wife coping with everything going on!?

Day 6 Post Op

Alright gentlemen, the time has come. Woke up at 5am this morning to what appeared to be extremely weird dreams. Knowing I was going to take the bandages off today, I got a feeling I would dream about the operation at least. I had dreamed that the whole thing didn't work, and that my employer had found out and my colleagues were aware of the whole situation. Almost, nightmarish. One of those dreams you believe is real, too. Well when I woke up, they just had to come off. I had to confirm to myself that this had all been worth it.

Boy... what a relief...

It took about fifteen minutes to get the bandages off, they were proper stuck on! It hurt, and there's still loads of the tape on my body which won't scrub off, even after a hot shower. Originally mum was going to help me with it, but thought it best to be a personal thing, where I could just take my time and get used to my "new look". After all, the whole process for most of us is a very personal experience, one which we've all struggled with as individuals for years and years.

Enough rabbling... behold... Wingman, 2.0;

My favourite;

Profile;

Some concave on the right hand side;

Bugger me, it's tight!

The funniest part to the whole journey is when my mum turned round to me this morning, after I'd shown her my new chest, and said "he doesn't leave anything behind, that Dr, does he!!".

No mum, no he doesn't :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024