Author Topic: Surgery COMPLETE with Karidis on 30.08.12.. Update Feb 2013 with Pic  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Dom

• Posting Member
hey damn7547

I had that tingling sensation in my arms at one point on sunday night, came and went very quickly, lasted no longer than 2 minutes, I just made small circles with the arms, sounds mad but done the job and got the blood flowing around again.

How comes you are going for a follow up so early seeing as you only had the surgery 5 days ago.

Goodluck

Damn7547

hey damn7547

I had that tingling sensation in my arms at one point on sunday night, came and went very quickly, lasted no longer than 2 minutes, I just made small circles with the arms, sounds mad but done the job and got the blood flowing around again.

How comes you are going for a follow up so early seeing as you only had the surgery 5 days ago.

Goodluck

Hey thanks for replying Dom, had the op on thursday and they just gave an appointment on Wednesday didn't really think much of it. My tingling is waking me up in the night and early in the morning i can feel as though the blood flows been restricted. Hows your recovery going?

Offline Dom

• Posting Member
That sounds strange, hopefully it will resolve its self out, Recovery has been great, apart from the constipation bit which has gone now, I have cut down to having 2 co-drydamol a day as the discomfort from the flanks is still there but chest there is little to no pain, just resting up and enjoying the time off uni and work.

Let us know how things go tomorrow, i'll be curious about the check up, might get a check up aswell then lol.

Damn7547

That sounds strange, hopefully it will resolve its self out, Recovery has been great, apart from the constipation bit which has gone now, I have cut down to having 2 co-drydamol a day as the discomfort from the flanks is still there but chest there is little to no pain, just resting up and enjoying the time off uni and work.

Let us know how things go tomorrow, i'll be curious about the check up, might get a check up aswell then lol.

i thought the check up was standard lol? it was written on my post op paper to give a call.

thats great to hear your recovery is going well, im still having the co dydramol at full course started going toilet properly from yesterday. saw your recovery pics they look great

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Looking good post op mate, tingling sensation could be to do with the vest being too tight. There's almost certainly no blood supply issue here as a direct result from the surgery anyway - this would require something going wrong and it would be absolutely noticeable. You'll be fine mate!

Surprised you didn't get any tramadol and lol at the shorts (what the hell?!) - tbh cocodamol should be fine anyway, I used tramadol once on the first night and that was it. Although it does sound like you've got a lot more sensation than I did; I was number all over and nipple area is still 95% numb 3 weeks post op.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Damn7547

Looking good post op mate, tingling sensation could be to do with the vest being too tight. There's almost certainly no blood supply issue here as a direct result from the surgery anyway - this would require something going wrong and it would be absolutely noticeable. You'll be fine mate!

Surprised you didn't get any tramadol and lol at the shorts (what the hell?!) - tbh cocodamol should be fine anyway, I used tramadol once on the first night and that was it. Although it does sound like you've got a lot more sensation than I did; I was number all over and nipple area is still 95% numb 3 weeks post op.

yea i kept getting told o its got side effects i dont think its a good idea for you... but co dydramol is doing the trick for the minute. How long were you having your pain relief thinking of cutting back from tonight?

The tingling in my arms and hands is defo from the vest and not from the op i do think its a lil too tight for me will leave it a little looser tonight and hopefully be ok for tomorrows checkup.
chest is still very numb i have sudden moments where my nipples have some random sensations last for a few seconds.

Offline Dom

• Posting Member

i thought the check up was standard lol? it was written on my post op paper to give a call.

thats great to hear your recovery is going well, im still having the co dydramol at full course started going toilet properly from yesterday. saw your recovery pics they look great

They did mention for me to call them, I just presumed it was to arrange a post op check up in 4-6 weeks, i'll give them a call this morning, thanks for the heads up.

Also cheers for the feedback!

Damn7547

So quick update the major swelling on my right chest was actually dead blood collecting up. Been having regular followups to get it removed via needle. Results look much better will post pics at one point.

Still have swelling but its my poor recovery i guess.

For me aftercare has been great so ur not left wondering wat to do if something goes weong.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Glad your results are improving. Keep us posted with your updates.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Yes mate, hope that right side is getting sorted out for you and wish you a speedy recovery with it.

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
How you doing?? What's the final result like? Any new pics

Damn7547

Damn seems like ages since i been here  :-[

Things going well i think. Been having regular follow ups till december with Karidis and his nurses due to the level of swelling i had but things are a lot better now. Havent hit the gym fully yet doing workouts at home and trying to loose the belly now so eating a little healthier but man boobs... non existent  ;D

Up until recently my chest still had a tingling sensation to it but i guess everyone recovers at their own pace.

Post op pic taken last week... left part of the chest is a little bigger will need to work out more i guess lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024