Author Topic: Post Surgery Lip and Mastectomy  (Read 3744 times)

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
So, if you've been following my story, I started with Surgery Book and Paid and then I describe in excruciatingly lengthly detail the day of surgery in Lipo and Mastectomy with Dr. Lo.

It's two days after the surgery and I'm allowed to take a shower, which means I get to take everything off for an hour! Woohoo!

I was very nervous about taking it all off because I felt that my left chest was very swollen and I was afraid of how "cut up" my body would look initially post-surgery. But given what I was expecting, I'm very pleased and excited. I feel I can already see where my chest will eventually "end up" after the swelling has gone away.

Though I am preparing myself and won't be discouraged if the swelling increases at this point. I know from reading others' stories there tends to be a period of looking great and then swelling up before everything settles and I'm mentally preparing myself for it.

Anyway, here are some before shots.

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Left pec shot, two days post-op

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Right pec shot, two days post-op

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Right profile, day 3 post op

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Left profile, day 3, post op

Still a bit bruised on this side

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Getting my drains taken out! YAY!

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Looks great so far. How ya feeling?

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
I'll try to take some pics tonight. If not, definitely this weekend.

I feel great actually and feel like I'm healing faster than expected. I almost have full range of motion and I'm barely sore in my chest. It feels like the 4th day after a good chest workout--barely noticeable soreness. I'm able to support my weight on my arms without wincing and I don't feel any type of pain except for a sharp pain that occurs once in a while due to, presumably, nerves reconnecting.

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
One week post-op... I'm still a chubby dude and it (ugh) it shows in these pics. I can't wait to hit the gym hard afterwards.

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Still pretty bruised here

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
I'm still pretty swollen but it's far less swollen that it was last week and 1,000,000 times better than pre-op!

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Lookin good dude. I'm an avid gym goer if you need any advice on excersice or diet let me know! Can't wait to get these dressings off and this compression bandage off for good.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024