Author Topic: post-op nipple behavior/sensation & scars  (Read 4282 times)

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
if i get surgery involving excision and perhaps lipo, what is the likelyhood i would permanantly lose sensation in one or both nipples?

and after surgery, do nipples still like get hard and soft like they do before or do they just act like normal skin?

lastly, do the scars get so faint that people genuinely don't notice them in situations like changing and swimming? and do they ever get so faint htat girls or boys don't notice, like even during physically intimate activities?

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Lose of nipple sensation is extremely rare. The peri areolar scar heals quite well because it is in a "privileged" area. Meaning the scar is hidden by the darker areola skin color. In addition, keloid formation is almost unheard of around the areola for reasons we do not completely understand. Furthermore, the scar heals without tension which is quite different from breast augmentation where there is significant tension caused by the implant. Still, the scar will always be present but patients almost never complain about it. It often is so faint that it takes a trained eye to find it.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Unless you had areola/nipple relocation, you should regain all sensation.

Yes, your areolas/nipples should react the same as they did pre-op.

Yes, incision scars can be almost undetectable. Check out my pics...

LHS

RHS

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Nice nips man  ;)

Those are some very hopeful pics. Im 6 days post op and my scars aren't looking too pretty. Its fine tho, I'm not really concerned with the appearance of my chest right now. I'm just taking it easy and letting my body heal. No reason to look at my chest everyday this early in the game.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm just taking it easy and letting my body heal. No reason to look at my chest everyday this early in the game.

Yeah, you'd start to imagine all kinds of nasty stuff if you did... 

GB

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
Wow thanks so much for the replies, guys. i've been offline for a while so yeah... sorry for the late acknowledgement and i really appreciate your answers :)

Grandpa Bambu... did you get gland excision done both sides? i cant see it at all in one side and it took me a second to see it in the other one.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yes, excision both sides...  The incisions healed up well...  :)

GB

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
that is awesome! thanks so much for sharing, Grandpa Bambu!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024