Author Topic: message that a surgeon sent to me.  (Read 15372 times)

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
A Gyne surgeon in Georgia replied to me with this
please read tell me what you guys think. Is the price reasonable?
thanks guys................... I really want to get this whole gyne problem off my chest atleast by 2009 .

Thanks for your email. I hope you have had a discussion with yourparents about your chest. They will be supportive if they know how yourchest affects your self esteem. I have a strong interest in Gynecomastia Surgery. Gynecomastia affectsso many men but no one ever talks about it because of personalembarrassment. This surgery really helps a man's self esteem andconfidence. I perform over 100 of these surgeries each year and havewritten and lectured on Gynecomastia. This surgery is an important partof my Plastic Surgery practice. Experience is important along with the price. My approach to thissurgery is tailored to the man's needs. As a Plastic Surgeon, Iprimarily use liposuction techniques. I don't hesitate to performsurgery with an excision with the liposuction if necessary. My goal isa flat chest and NOT a flatter chest.  The surgery is an outpatient procedure. Insurance will not cover thisprocedure.

I use the safety and sterility of a hospital operating room.It is considered cosmetic. Expect to spend around $4500. Surgeon's fee-$2500. Hospital/Anesthesia- $ 1635 (for 2 hours). Garments- $400.  You would wear a compression vest under your shirt for 4-6 weeks. Mostmen will miss 4 days of work. Then they will return to light dutyresponsibilities. No heavy lifting or exercise for 4-6 weeks. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards. I alsoparticipate with CareCredit (www.carecredit.com) and Capital One(www.capitalone.com/healthcarefinance) for financing options. If interested, please schedule a consultation. I will spend one hourwith you. After an examination, I will talk to you about your optionsand the surgery itself. The consultation fee is $100. If you have thesurgery, this amount is subtracted from the final surgical costs. I would love to meet with you and your parents. We need to plan on thissurgery. You could potentially have this surgery and return to schoolwith only a few days missed. We do need to plan now so you have healedprior to Spring/Summer. Have your parents call and arrange a consultation. Look forward tomeeting you and your parents. Dr. Jeffords, MDBoard Certified, American Board of Plastic SurgeryOffice: 678-503-0506www.advantageplasticsurgery.com

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
the vast majority or dr's/surgeons charge a consultation fee.  He also states that you get that 100 bucks back if you book the surgery. what if 1000 people a year come in for a consultation that lasts an hour and dont pay anything? 

The price for everything is reasonable compared to others.  Some surgeons charge more, some surgeons charge less.  I dont think he is "ripping you"

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
humm well thanks for responding, he's the only Gyne reduction surgeon Ive found in GA.
I don't really want to go out of state.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Stay away from this guy would be my advice.  If a surgeon says that he primarily uses liposuction to fix gynecomastia, that would be enough to scare me.  Make sure your surgeon has before and after pics. 

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
can you elaborate your concern?
what do you mean that him saying he primarly uses lipo scares you?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Yes, there is something fishy.  If this guy does 100 gyne surgeries a year and only performs excision if need be, then he probably has 99 pissed off customers a year and a happy fat guy who never even had gynecomastia, which is excessive breast tissue.  Breast tissue cannot be taken out by liposuction.  Not possible.  Never have i heard of a customer who is happy with lipo-only surgery.  Just use the search engine on this site and see if you can find one happy lipo only surgery.  Either this guy does not know what he's talking about or he's trying to rip you off.  A lot of surgeons say that they are going to decide after they open you up to see if you need excision.  Almost every time they say "you didn't need excision."  The customer is unhappy but the doctor has an extra $5000.  It's a racket that needs to be stopped. 

I'm just saying I don't like the vibes from this guy.  It's your decision but make sure you see before and after pics.  Don't go to the first surgeon you see either.
Peace

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i dunno, there've been plenty of people unhappy with lipo only, but if they don't have the dense tissue, if the gyne really blows up woman style, i think it'd be okay, it just depends on your case.  jeffords has been very well spoken of here before, he's probably the best gyne ps in ga.  either way, just go for the consultation, some guys charge more, and see how it goes, it'll be money well spent, and 100 a year sounds good enough to me.  if you think you're more an excision guy, ask him about it specifically once he's had a chance to examine you. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
ok I get it now . So I should def ask him about the excision?

Offline headheldhigh01

you're paying the hundred bucks, absolutely you ask him about it.  ask him who he's picking for the super bowl if you want ;D  but since it's jeffords i'd feel more comfortable about the experience level, just tell him you're aiming for the flattest possible and are concerned about cases you've heard of where people have been unhappy with lipo only.  just depends on the nature of your case, i think he'll probably understand.  the fact he's willing to say to you "My goal is a flat chest and NOT a flatter chest" isn't a promise of perfection, but it's a very good sign. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:39:13 PM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
It sounds like a good deal for the $$. Lots of docs can break up and remove the glandular tissue with lipo alone and he'll be able to give you a better idea of what you will need once he examines you. Sometimes they aren't sure what you need until the lipo is done and they can see what glandular tissue is left.

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
Yea I see im def going to check him out.

So if I where to get the operation I heard it takes atleast 4 days or a week of rest. What would I tell my boss and co-workers? I don't really want to say "I got surgery to remove my man boobs" you know?
What is a good "cover up" or a thing to say?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Moobies, absolutely do not listen to milesd1.  You can not suck glandular tissue through a cannula.  Breast tissue is like a body organ.  A cannula is a needle that sucks out fat because it is sort of a liquid.  You would not expect to suck out your liver or kidneys through a cannula, so i don't know why you think it will suck a mammary gland.  It would be like drinking a milkshake through a straw and expecting to suck the cherry through the straw, if the cherry was a golf ball and connected to the cup (milkshake being the fat and golf ball being the MAMMARY GLAND).  If you're extremely obese and want to reduce the appearance of extremely fatty breasts, then get the surgery but find another surgeon because this guy is giving false information.  If you have GYNECOMASTIA, find another surgeon who will be honest with you and is willing to cut out a piece of your MAMMARY GLANDS. 
I will no longer give you any advice. I tried to save you from an unsuccessful surgery.  Good luck.  Perhaps you will be the first person in history to have a body organ sucked out through a cannula.  You never know.
Peace 

Offline headheldhigh01

well you're kind of both right in a way.  lipo would never work on a case like mine, but gyne is a spectrum, not an either/or, and for just some of the less soft stuff it might work, though not much.  thing is a smart ps could tell right away what it would work or or not, which is why you have to hear him in the consultation, in combination with your own common sense.  if he says lipo only, press him and make sure you get a convincing explanation why as well as try for a reassurance that if it's not adequate he'd do the touchup.  but i think you can guess from your own feel whether the old straw would work or not. 

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
headhealdhigh
it is an either or issue.  You may be refering to either fat or mammary gland.  What i suspect you are referring to is mammary gland intersecting with fat.  I have physically held in my hand and experiminted with all types of excised mammary gland.  From the dark, purpleish, straight up gland to the stringy, clearish gland with fat bubbles attached to it.  Neither of which and all possibilites in between would fit through a cannula.  I wish i could explain better the physical properties of mammary gland, but, I can assure you that................  You have a lot of posts on this website and I'm sure that your knowledge of gynecomastia is above most if not all on this site.  Pero, I feel the best service that this website offers is to educate people that lipo does not work to cure gynecomastia.

I have taken time out of my day to save someone from the heartbreak of unsuccessful surgery because this website was a great service to me and I feel that this is a way to give back.   

Good luck moobsauce

GynO_DuDe

I had gland removed through a cannula ... its done through a incision in the crease of the armpit and personally its much better than cutting under your nipple.

I paid £4000 so thats nearly $8000

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024