Author Topic: That feeling...  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
It must be an incredible feeling for a...

- blind person to be able to see for the first time
- depth person to be able to hear for the first time
- handicapped person to walk again for the first time (after so many years)

and the list could go on. Is there a similar feeling for someone with gyne coming out of surgery with a flat chest ? What is the feeling like ? How would you describe it ?

I just wanna glimpse of the feeling you have once you step on the "other side"

I'll be there in 10 days. 10 DAYS !!! LOL I can't wait...

Disclaimer: I am in no way comparing the severity of having gyne to being depth or blind.

Offline gyne23

• Posting Member
There's definitely an exciting feeling, but, (at least in my case) you have to let it sink in.. And there's a great chance that can take a day or so afterwards because you're really "out of it" as soon as you're done and pretty much throughout that day.. Don't get me wrong, you'll be able to move about a little bit, but you need a good 24 hours to really be able to get a true feel for what you go do, and how mobile you can be..

The IV they stick into your arm (which is painless) has some great drowsy medication in it that knocks you out, and sedates you very well..As soon as you're awake you realize where you're at, but everything seems to happen so fast that it just hits you all at once..

The pain afterwards is minimal at best in almost all the cases that I have read, and mine was exactly the same way.. Slightly worse than a intense workout.. You have to move slowly, and sudden movements can become sore..

What I noticed that was really weird was the feeling I had 4 or 5 days afterwards when I was able to begin to slightly move my arms completely above my head, and gain about 90% of my range of motion was the weird sensation of the breast not being there.. The skin felt tighter so to speak, and it just felt very odd.. But, then again, at that very point, it truly hit me what I had done, and how great this is going to potentially be once I completely heal up..

Whether it was taking a deep breath or waking up and leaning back and stretching a little bit--you get a very neat sensation from the location where the gland was removed..

When you take off that vest, (that damn vest  :-\) and that air hits the skin, you'll feel really funny... Trust me.. Your chest will feel funny (in a good way) , you'll have a whole bunch of emotions such as happiness and curiosity etc... That's the best part..

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
I'm also worried and paranoid, always putting myself in the worst case scenario. I'm having my op in less than a month. I'm just having excision done tho, so I think the healingprocess will be quicker. (or, atleast I hope)

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I was totally indifferent after my op.  This was probably because i had a mild case in the first place and it hadn't wrecked my life like a lot of guys on this board.  Sitting in the hospital bruised, sore with a bandage around me, nasty drains sticking out & 5000 bucks for the priveldge I was feeling pretty sorry for myself actually. 

I've had to give up all my usual activities that I do, sports and otherwise, gym, going out, and my formally hectic social life.  These are probably things that a lot of guys on here would be unfamiliar with i'm sure. Oh yeah and I feel like a bit of a cripple with this binder around me.   

BUT i'm pretty happy with my results so far, even though I have a lot of healing to do.  My nipples are nice and flat, but still very very tender.  What I like so far is the nice tightness in the chest area and the outter contour from the lipo...no more squishy stubborn breast like fat around the edge of my pecs.

I just wish I could fast forward 6 months.  All I can say is post-op & recovery sucks ass. Like gyno18 i'm parannoyed about aggravating the healing process and screwing up my results.  But i'm still positive, I know it just takes time...
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
I was totally indifferent after my op.  This was probably because i had a mild case in the first place and it hadn't wrecked my life like a lot of guys on this board.  Sitting in the hospital bruised, sore with a bandage around me, nasty drains sticking out & 5000 bucks for the priveldge I was feeling pretty sorry for myself actually. 

I've had to give up all my usual activities that I do, sports and otherwise, gym, going out, and my formally hectic social life.  These are probably things that a lot of guys on here would be unfamiliar with i'm sure. Oh yeah and I feel like a bit of a cripple with this binder around me.   

BUT i'm pretty happy with my results so far, even though I have a lot of healing to do.  My nipples are nice and flat, but still very very tender.  What I like so far is the nice tightness in the chest area and the outter contour from the lipo...no more squishy stubborn breast like fat around the edge of my pecs.

I just wish I could fast forward 6 months.  All I can say is post-op & recovery sucks ass. Like gyno18 i'm parannoyed about aggravating the healing process and screwing up my results.  But i'm still positive, I know it just takes time...

I hear ya on that one.  I just had my surgery done on Friday and eventhough i feel good overall, i still get sharp pains here and there that annoy the heck out of me.  Thank goodness for the Percs i was given.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
My surgery was 5 days ago. It hasnt totally sunk in. I mean, I can look at myself in the mirror with the vest on. with a shirt covering it, I'm still a bit smaller than I was before. So, while I'm starting to get excited, I'm more curious at this stage. Swelling still needs to settle over a few months etc. I still have a couple weeks of vest wearing. I'm really just looking forward to getting it off. In my humble opinion, I think some of us need a long time to come to the reality of what's happen is simple. You live your whole life ashamed of how your look, picking out clothing that will mask your "flaws". It's hard to understand that one minute you things are the way they always have been, the next minute you wake up from surgery and things are going to be different from now on. For 23 years I've lived with it. It's still hard to wrap my head around the thought that things are different.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that some young men expect that they will instantly be more attractive to girls etc. after surgery. That is totally unrealistic and will not happen.

You will be the same person, No change here.

What will change in many cases is your opinion of yourself. The change may be quick, slow, or non-existant; It depends upon you.

It is not uncommon for young men with Gynecomastia to suffer emotionally as a result. Feeling liberated after surgery is a common thing.

The important thing is that you have realistic expectations before surgery.

Surgery will not change who or what you are.
Grandpa Dan

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I think that some young men expect that they will instantly be more attractive to girls etc. after surgery. That is totally unrealistic and will not happen.

You will be the same person, No change here.

What will change in many cases is your opinion of yourself. The change may be quick, slow, or non-existant; It depends upon you.

It is not uncommon for young men with Gynecomastia to suffer emotionally as a result. Feeling liberated after surgery is a common thing.

The important thing is that you have realistic expectations before surgery.

Surgery will not change who or what you are.

I'm hoping that i'll be more self confident, which I know that girls definitely find attractive. I don't feel that yet, but thats probably because my nipples are taped up and i'm wrapped up like a cigar in this binder  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024