Author Topic: my surgery with dr Norris next Week Sydney  (Read 13967 times)

Offline alanwake89

• Posting Member
Can you give us an example of how your life has changed? I love hearing success stories.

Offline Liandoolb

• Posting Member
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it's all going well. You must be feeling amazing! :D
I worked full time in my uni break so I FINALLY have the money saved (I've been waiting for this for years!) so I might give them a call in the next few days. ;D

Offline crimsont

• Posting Member
Thats terrific news! Im really glad that it worked out well for you! Its really rewarding to hear such positive stories and the emotional impact it can have on an individual.

Does anyone else have any more information or had procedures done with Dr Ben Norris?

Im moving to Sydney soon and have heard really good things about the surgeons in Sydney and Australia.

Just want to get as many and varied opinions as possible.

Once again, great success story!

Offline Liandoolb

• Posting Member
Hey alex1001, any updates 3 months post-op?  :)

Offline alanwake89

• Posting Member
I just had surgery with Dr Norris on Monday. I'll give a good write up in about a weeks time.

4 days post op, I'm feeling like a million bucks, btw.

Offline MrOysters

That's great to hear Alex and AlanWake. I am also looking into getting the operation done by Dr Norris, I have finally decided to take the plunge and have it done. I look forward to hearing both your stories! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline alanwake89

• Posting Member
First off I want to apologise, I know I promised a full write up about my surgery and everything and never delivered, but I just wanted you guys to know that I haven't forgotten about you. I will make a thread very soon, but in the mean time let me just say this:

Dr. Norris is an excellent option for the gynecomastia surgery procedure in Sydney.

No more of this "oh man, I have to go to Melbourne and see Dr. Thistlewaite" - scratch that thought out of your mind if you live in Sydney.

I am very pleased with my results, and even though I still have a bit of swelling in my right pec, I no longer get people looking at my chest when they are talking to me, I walk with my back so much straighter, and I feel like a million bucks. I just have to lose about 15kg and I'll be completely comfortable with my body for the first time in my life. Once I've lost that weight, which should be so much easier now that the self conciousness of running in the streets/going to the gym with breasts has gone, the ladies in town better watch out - I've got some catching up to do!

So yeah, expect a right up soon with a few pictures. Sorry about the wait.

Offline BrazenBerry

I am very pleased with my results [...] I walk with my back so much straighter, and I feel like a million bucks. I just have to lose about 15kg and I'll be completely comfortable with my body for the first time in my life. Once I've lost that weight, which should be so much easier now that the self conciousness of running in the streets/going to the gym with breasts has gone, the ladies in town better watch out - I've got some catching up to do!

Congratulations, Alan. You mentioning that you now walk with your back much straighter is very encouraging to hear as that is one of my major insecurities from having gynecomastia. I always feel a little self conscious when walking due to the fear of my breasts/nipples being visible through my shirt. I wear a singlet under my shirt most of the time to limit their visibility, but that only does so much. I am looking at surgery in the near future, and your comments are very encouraging.

I am very much looking forward to reading about your experience with Dr. Norris and the surgery as it does sound like a true success story. Your new found confidence is very inspiring. Again, congratulations and all the best.

Offline alex1001

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

so sorry guys been really busy lately and couldn't get back to you.
i asked the clinic receptionist to email me before and after pics but they didn't email it, so i'll just tell you how my life has changed.

now it's almost 6 months post op, and can't tell you how great it feels, i feel like a new me, well maybe completely a new person,
i started hitting the gym 3 months ago, my body changed and that encouraged me to have a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle.
It's the first time of my life that i been to bondi beach and feeling wooow I'm like those other guys walking and proud of their bodies.i go shopping and can buy anything and not considering "will that cover my f**ing boobs".
And the BIG wonderful thing that happened to me is I have a great girlfriend. Before i had the surgery i always have had been escaping and running away from girls and didn't want to expose my chest to anyone and i felt like every girl i meet looks at my chest, so that feeling built a prison in me. However, when i did the surgery and changed, it took me 2 months to adapt with my new me and then i had my first date with the most beautiful and wonderful girl i've ever seen. it started when we were at the same class this semester and then she asked me if i'd go to her birthday party,,,,,,,,

Now, almost i have everything i ever wanted, only one month of uni and I'm done and i'll live a DREAM LIFE.

And i wish you guys good luck

Offline Guildenstern

• Posting Member
Hey mate,
About to up a consultation to get rid of my gynecomastia (also at university) and your story was very encouraging! Congratulations on your results and new outlook on life!

Offline Liandoolb

• Posting Member
Great to hear about the positive results guys! I have a consultation booked with Dr. Norris for Feb 23. Was shocked that they had a couple of openings so soon because when I emailed they said he usually has to book 8 weeks in advance at this time of year!

Just wondering (if either of you two are still around) how long it took between the initial consult and your surgery? Obviously I'd like to get this happening ASAP now that I have the money together! I suppose if I have to wait another few months though, it's nothing in the long run considering how long I've been saving...

Offline thenewguy2012

• Posting Member
hi alex and alanwake,

if you guys are still around on these forums I just had a question about where you had your consultation with Dr Norris, was it through Silkwood Medical?

also same with you Lian, is yours at Edgecliff?

reason i ask is because from your posts it sounds great and hope the results are great, but i noticed there are no photos on their website which is disheartning

Offline Liandoolb

• Posting Member
also same with you Lian, is yours at Edgecliff?

reason i ask is because from your posts it sounds great and hope the results are great, but i noticed there are no photos on their website which is disheartning
Yeah, it's at Silkwood Medical, which is where Dr. Norris practices. It's on Grafton Street in Bondi Junction (just up from the station).

There used to be a number of before and after photos on the Silkwood website, but I can't seem to find them now! It seems like they're in the middle of some website changes with before and after photos because by the look of things they only have them up for a small number of procedures now.

Before I booked, the receptionist told me that more photos may be viewable in the consultation that haven't been put online for privacy reasons.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:32:00 AM by Liandoolb »

Offline jh123

Great to hear about the positive results guys! I have a consultation booked with Dr. Norris for Feb 23. Was shocked that they had a couple of openings so soon because when I emailed they said he usually has to book 8 weeks in advance at this time of year!

Just wondering (if either of you two are still around) how long it took between the initial consult and your surgery? Obviously I'd like to get this happening ASAP now that I have the money together! I suppose if I have to wait another few months though, it's nothing in the long run considering how long I've been saving...
Hey Lian, I had my first consultation Dec last year and was able to book as early as Feb (it also comes down to hospital/location availability). You will go through the entire process in the consultation with Dr. Norris.

I booked my surgery Jan 13th and will also be there on the 23rd Feb for my pre-op appointment, and surgery on 13th Mar (to give you a rough idea on a time frame).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024